GDT: Game 82: Red Wings at habs 7:00 pm et 4/16/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

cvaicunas

Aug 25, 2021
Agreed. Regardless of what Kane's feelings or plans are regarding next season with the Wings, he's an ultra-competitive dude. I'm sure he badly wanted the Wings to win.

Definitely.

He always looks casual out there. Then when he or his teammate scores he gets excited.
Admittedly I never watched Kane specifically before, pre ESPN+ and sailing the high seas, I was pretty limited in viewing options. That and bartending, tended to take me out watching most games. But he is odd to watch, on one hand you could say he is cool under pressure, and on the other hand, there have been times I wish he seemed more motivated. That said, I am sure it just an appearance issue, rather than an internal drive to succeed.

must win hockey right here
At this point, we could all make forum t-shirts with this plastered on both sides.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
It's that time.

7Lwo28.gif

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I thought about it and I think the biggest tease would be the Wings coming from behind for an overtime loss, the Capitals blowing a big lead to lose in regulation, and Pittsburgh winning tomorrow

so that's what I expect to happen

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"Tonight's NHL slate is a tale of old scores that reach back to the American War of Independence, when the city forts of Detroit and Montreal exchanged hands a few times, and the original American capital of Philadelphia was defended by a general named Washington. As the Red Wings' playoff hopes depend on victories on this last night of their season by Detroit in Montreal combined with the Flyers over the Capitals in Philadelphia, we can truly say that the Wings' playoff hopes are down to their victory plus a capital affair at the twilight's last gleaming. Let's go Red Wings!"

- Plausible Keats

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
I am in my vintage Yzerman jersey and Jiri Hudler signed Wings hat. hopefully that's enough because I can't find my mini Wings jersey to dress up one of the cats.

Reactions: dalem177

Roomba With a Bauer

Sep 11, 2007
It's hard to fight my pessimistic side so I predict the Wings will win tonight but Washington will beat Philly in OT to take the final spot.

AKA the ending to the Lions season in 2022.

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
I really don't care (too much) about the Crapitals. If the Red Wings win and the Crapitals win, that's fine, we'll get a slightly better draft pick, and the team has demonstrated with these last two games that they have character and great promise.

And even if we lose tonight, last night's victory will still carry over to next year. I think they're really gelling. Larkin is a leader, Raymond is a f*cking stud, Seider and Edvinsson are all you guys said they'd be, and we have a bunch of other great pieces. Just need a few tweaks (like a #1 goalie and 2C) but those might be in the system already.

It's been a great season and I'd like to thank you guys for your patience with my attempts at humor.

LGRW

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad