GDT: Game 82: New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators, 7:30pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Panarin is just like "I think I should shoot more" and drops 48.

Finally putting him with two effective linemates was a help. Glad the whole "Panarin is good with grinders" thing is dead. Like, yes, he can play with scrubs because he's Artemi Panarin. He's better with not scrubs.

In addition to shooting more, I think the opponent having other things to worry about opened up his goal-scoring. Who was scoring a goal in years past? Ryan Strome?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004

Finally putting him with two effective linemates was a help. Glad the whole "Panarin is good with grinders" thing is dead. Like, yes, he can play with scrubs because he's Artemi Panarin. He's better with not scrubs.

In addition to shooting more, I think the opponent having other things to worry about opened up his goal-scoring. Who was scoring a goal in years past? Ryan Strome?

the funny thing is also like....at first this year I thought "oh well Panarin is gonna turn into a volume shooter then" but like, "volume shooters" also don't just score 48-50 goals because they shoot a lot.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
the funny thing is also like....at first this year I thought "oh well Panarin is gonna turn into a volume shooter then" but like, "volume shooters" also don't just score 48-50 goals because they shoot a lot.
Hold on, i have some really fun Ovechkin threads for you to read…

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011

That's 11 goal scorer Ryan Strome!

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Hey Rangers Fans... Canes fan coming here is peace. Hell of a reg season from you guys and no doubt the playoffs will bring things to another level.

Serious question for you all... while totalling getting that you can win the President's Trophy with a win tonight... from just a pure matchup perspective would you rather clinch top spot and face the Washadelphia Pengwings or do you think you would have more of an advantage against the Isles?

Maybe this would have been a more difficult question if BOS/FLA were taking #1 seed and with the #2 the Metro winner would be getting Tampa but just curious on your thoughts.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
I really just don't want to play Islanders in the first round. This fanbase isn't ready to potentially lose in the first round, 2 years in a row to divisional rivals. Also, it's going to be very hard to read through these forums with some of our fans trash talking and it potentially backfiring on us.

F*ck that give me Tampa and the Isles.

If we can’t beat both of them we don’t deserve a cup. A big reason for that 2014 team getting over the hump was finally beating prime ovi and that dreadful now deceased pens trio.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Hey Rangers Fans... Canes fan coming here is peace. Hell of a reg season from you guys and no doubt the playoffs will bring things to another level.

Serious question for you all... while totalling getting that you can win the President's Trophy with a win tonight... from just a pure matchup perspective would you rather clinch top spot and face the Washadelphia Pengwings or do you think you would have more of an advantage against the Isles?

Maybe this would have been a more difficult question if BOS/FLA were taking #1 seed and with the #2 the Metro winner would be getting Tampa but just curious on your thoughts.
The Anytown Not-Islanders.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
Probably alone but I think Isles would be a great matchup for the NYR. Problem is they would definitely take a bite out of the Rangers.

Pens and Caps make me more nervous for various reasons.

But a team that is competing for the Presidents Trophy shouldn’t be overly concerned about their R1 matchup. Not that they should be taking anyone lightly (it’s still hockey) but that they will be fully expected to win any matchup they draw.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
Probably alone but I think Isles would be a great matchup for the NYR. Problem is they would definitely take a bite out of the Rangers.

Pens and Caps make me more nervous for various reasons.

But a team that is competing for the Presidents Trophy shouldn’t be overly concerned about their R1 matchup. Not that they should be taking anyone lightly (it’s still hockey) but that they will be fully expected to win any matchup they draw.
shouldn’t be, but here we are.

The “no killer instinct” meme holds a lot of truth to it.

And it will follow this team until they do something about it

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Colorado, Vegas, Tampa… you know all the teams that actually won the cup
Right, so "killer instinct" just means you won the Cup, which is a reactive measure, not a predictive one.

Colorado lost a game 7 at home last year in a feckless performance. Tampa Bay got run off the ice by Toronto. These are teams that, by your measure, have killer instinct, except when they don't, which is most of the time.

Before winning the Cup, Vegas lost a semi-final to like a 20-win Montreal team, blew a 4-1 lead a game 7, and missed the playoffs the year prior.

It's not real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad