GDT: Game 82: New York Rangers vs Ottawa Senators, 7:30pm, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
There's an unlikely scenario whereby if we lose, Carolina also loses, and Boston wins both of their remaining games, we win the division but play WC1.

It would be Boston 1, us 2, Carolina 3.

If we get a point, nobody in the East can catch us. We need both points to guarantee sealing the trophy from Dallas.

Carolina has tiebreaker on us.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
If they win, yes. I edited.

It's actually Dallas who can't catch us with a point. They can only get 49 ROW and we have 50.
Yeah there's a pretty confusing article in the Post that says we win the PT with 1 point because Dallas can't pass us but that's obviously not true if Carolina passes us lol

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Let’s get it.

Look, if you had one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment. Would you capture it, or just let it slip?

Tros grandmas spaghetti

This game will prove if they got it or not. It’s an absolute must win. Would be demoralizing if they lost

Yeah.....any given game is like you don't know. The Rangers should win for sure and I think the odds are strong that they will but no one has a crystal ball and any number of crazy things can happen on any given night and as well it's never a great idea to take an opponent lightly. By NHL standards Ottawa was not a very good team this year but they still have Tkachuk, Stutzle, Giroux, Batherson, Chabot, Sanderson, Chychrun, Pinto......it's not like there's nothing there.

It would be much better if we win tonight for our playoffs but the season doesn't ride on one single game.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
have a feeling they'll go all out for this win tonight. stakes are high and they'll have a nice rest after it. no reason to hold anything back tonight.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
It's an empty the tank kind of night. Last game of the season and basically a week off until Game 1.

Ottawa has another game after this and it's a back to back tomorrow in Boston. Have to wonder what kind of push they'll have anyway. No Stutzle either.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I'm pretty confident we'll play well tonight.

It's just that, in one game, that means basically nothing.
It means winning the division.

I don’t care who we play at this point but it’d be Nice to have a short series. Don’t care about the presidents trophy. Do care about finishing in front of Carolina

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It means winning the division.

I don’t care who we play at this point but it’d be Nice to have a short series. Don’t care about the presidents trophy. Do care about finishing in front of Carolina
Looking at the potential candidates, we shouldn't have too much of a sweat with most of them regardless of where we finish.

Granted, it's not uncommon to see even a lopsided series go six in the NHL just because.

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
I get out of class at 7:30 tonight, clearly a sign they didn't want me to miss any of the action. Close the season out with a nice win and rest until playoffs.

just-win-baby-al-davis.gif

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, I wasn't implying the game means nothing.

I'm saying that, in a one-game sample, playing well means nothing.

You can lose just because.

Reactions: Greg02

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
I was considering going to this game, too, but one of my clients had other ideas and gave me work that will take too long to finish.

• Wow
Reactions: Machinehead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad