GDT: Game 81: Red Wings vs habs 7:00 pm et 4/15/24 (BSD, ESPN+)

dj4aces

An Intricate Piece of Infinity
Dec 17, 2007
Duluth, GA
Is it Wall Lyon or Window Lyon though?
Whether he's a wall or a window, what matters is scoring, and we need to produce tonight and tomorrow. We have to win both games, and we need Washington and Pittsburgy to lose at least one of their next two in OT. Both teams have tiebreakers over us.

Let's f'in go, boys!

Reactions: Sentinel

OldnotDeadWings

Sep 18, 2013
Best not to expect a comfortable win. It's not like Montreal has only recently fallen out of playoff race, their priorities game to game are established and they've been competitive in many games lately vs. much better teams. Nashville, now with nothing to play for and looking ahead to playoffs, might be an easier opponent tonight for Pittsburgh. Home finales for non-contenders are pot-luck, but again a tough game should be expected tomorrow. Don't fall behind early and let them get excited about a possible win. Stay out of the penalty box. They have enough skill on the PP to inflict some damage, season-long averages are meaningless now.

Over the last few weeks, Montreal has an OT loss to Edmonton, a win in Colorado, a win over Florida, OT loss to NYI, losses that were one-goal games in third period to Carolina and NYR. I expect about two and a half hours of anxiety and foul language tonight.

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"My great aunt used to say "kids - "close enough" is appropriate on a moonlit surrey ride but in most of life it only counts for horseshoes, hand grenades, and proximity fused photon torpedoes." No one knew why she liked to play the Federation ships in her Star Trek game, just as no one will really know why the Wings couldn't manage to coax a bit more power from their warp engines if their playoff run ends up falling short of "close enough"."

- Plausible Keats

Maitz

Aug 3, 2006
Montreal
Go Wings Go!! You guys needs the W and we need the L, also rooting for you for the last playoffs spot. Always been a fan. P.S : don't be too hard on Hutson for his first game :laugh:

Reactions: jrom and Realgud

The Real Pastafarian

Registered dipshit
Apr 4, 2020
Ohio (OH? IO.)
Go Wings Go!! You guys needs the W and we need the L, also rooting for you for the last playoffs spot. Always been a fan. P.S : don't be too hard on Hutson for his first game :laugh:

you might be rooting for the Wings to win a little bit, but I bet you're hoping just a little harder for a Hutson hattie, and those two events are probably mutually exclusive

• Haha
Reactions: Maitz and Realgud
Oct 18, 2006
They’re lying to us about Rasmussen’s injury aren’t they? It’s probably pretty serious, probably season ending. What’s he done this time?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Are we ever gonna see Kane Larkin Raymond? I feel Ray's game has taken that extra step since Kane joined the team. I would think they would have good chemistry. Seems Kane might be rubbing off on him?

Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad