GDT: Game #81 Jets @ Wild 7pm CT

Preferred First Round Opponent/Rather Not

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 24, 2006
Just so I'm clear, if we get a single point in the next two games, we are in even if Nashville goes 2-0 I believe.

What if we go 0-2 and Nashville goes 1-0-1? That leaves us tied in points, but do believe we have more actual wins so therefore we're in in that scenario too?

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Seems like a scotch kinda night for me!

1681236733372.jpeg

1681236608066.gif

“DOWN IN MY BELLY, mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm”

1681236656170.gif

1681236865535.gif

what is your inebriation of choice tonight?

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
London Drugs sells a great product called Malva Stop. Or we could just enjoy the nail biting for a great cause.

Somebody at a nearby table (with a foxing loud voice that never shuts up) keeps repeating that Monkeypuck has the Jets as 96% likely to make the playoffs. I'm never into stats but I do understand that if the Preds don't win both their remaining games, we're in!

I think I've accepted a sort of date for supper, of the "want to grab a bite?" variety, and I'm debating whether to hope it still gets me home by 7 or whether to have a convenient brief illness. I'm not convinced that the Jets will lock it up tonight, but I'm certain that by midnight on Thursday the Preds will have turned into pumpkins.

PS: I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to figure out the find Jesus cartoon in the GDT.
I take pride in eating my fingers!:thumbu:

Flames and sens fan here im jumping on the jets bandwagon for the hopeful postseason. Go jets go
1681237115347.gif

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Actually must tie ( ot or shootout loss still gets them in)

Just so I'm clear, if we get a single point in the next two games, we are in even if Nashville goes 2-0 I believe.

What if we go 0-2 and Nashville goes 1-0-1? That leaves us tied in points, but do believe we have more actual wins so therefore we're in in that scenario too?
Correct. Jets got the tiebreaker

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Legit question, which team would you most/least rather face in the first round? The possibilities are: Colorado, VGK, Edmonton, and Dallas.

I would rather face their farm teams, but that's not an option so....

Going by the regular season Vegas was the only team of the four listed that we didn't beat this season, but we are due. I can live with playing Vegas. And I think the Jets can shutdown McJesus if we play the Oilers.

So Edm or Vegas...

So tonight....

Are we clinching or clenching?

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022

Yes, I believe you're correct.

Ha! You are not alone. Took me a while to figure out where he was lurking (damn drapes).
Did your generation never hear of spoiler alert?

Vodka and Tia Maria. And forget the old Black Russian joke.

I take pride in eating my fingers!:thumbu:
So that's where the term finger food comes from!

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Yes, I believe you're correct.

Did your generation never hear of spoiler alert?

Vodka and Tia Maria. And forget the old Black Russian joke.

So that's where the term finger food comes from!
Did someone say Black Russian? :naughty:

Flames and sens fan here im jumping on the jets bandwagon for the hopeful postseason. Go jets go
Welcome, just curious, why the Jets?

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
I would rather face their farm teams, but that's not an option so....

Going by the regular season Vegas was the only team of the four listed that we didn't beat this season, but we are due. I can live with playing Vegas. And I think the Jets can shutdown McJesus if we play the Oilers.

So Edm or Vegas...

So tonight....

Are we clinching or clenching?
Clenching. The way the last couple of months have gone, I'm fully expecting this to go down to game 82.

I'm still holding out hope for a win or a loser point. That will make watching the Avs-Oilers game more enjoyable without stressing about the final Jets game. I'm still reluctant to believe the Oilers can make a playoff run, but if they keep rolling and top the Avs I'll be more inclined to believe they are a cup contender.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
2C840320-1BAD-479E-82B1-A1D41E8EB8AB.gif

Welcome. It’s a fun group here.

Legit question, which team would you most/least rather face in the first round? The possibilities are: Colorado, VGK, Edmonton, and Dallas.
Good question. I’ll create a Poll

View attachment 685867

View attachment 685865

“DOWN IN MY BELLY, mmmmm mmmmmm mmmmm”

View attachment 685866

View attachment 685872

I’ll be drinking a local dark malt with a splash of Clamato (Prince George brewery - Cariboo). My Dad & I used to drink them when we watched games together.

Last edited:

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
It's late, time for me to go to bed, get some sleep and also to get up just in time for the game. Next time I post here we will be in the playoffs. let's goooo!

And me.

Having the awkward and mostly unpleasant experience of heading out on strike along with my colleagues over the next few days pending an unlikely resolution here but will be cheering from the front lines.

Looking forward to catching up in the playoff run.

Be unfriendly, Jets!

Punch yer bleedin' playoff ticket already!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad