Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 vs. Golden Knights 5 | Commence the Sedin farewell tour

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
pwLJj6f.jpg

LexUuhi.jpg

Last edited:

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Good OP Zomb

4-2 Las Vegas our goals by the Joke and Clamato Electric

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
danny gets a hatty
henrik gets 5 assists

we lose 7-6 in regulation time

Sbisa gets interviewed post game and tears up when talking about the twins

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Thanks, Zombo!

These remaining games are going to be extra special now with the Sedins' retiring. Plus, it'll be Gaudette's 3rd game and I hope he keeps getting more and more comfortable with the NHL speed. Hope he stays with Virtanen.

I've spent so much time today reading about the Sedins that I didn't notice if Demko went back to Utica.

Blade Paradigm

Oct 21, 2017
Lets start the win streak for the rest of season we got to now
I'm not sure it matters.

When Trevor Linden and Markus Naslund played their final games with the Vancouver Canucks, the team lost seven of their final eight games of the season and fell out of a playoff spot. It was a disaster.

Naslund's final game was not celebrated; instead, he was effectively booed out of town, although Linden received much fanfare in his final games with the team.

Ten years later, the only lasting memory from that final stretch of games is the last game against Calgary -- or, more specifically, the third period and post-game handshake. It was a blowout in which Jarome Iginla scored his 50th goal of the season and Roberto Luongo was pulled from the net. Nobody remembers that. Nobody remembers the beautiful backhand-roof goal that Byron Ritchie scored.

This is what people remember:

bg-wave-color.jpg

Last edited:

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Sellout at Rogers Arena ..emotions high on the heels of Sedins retirement..playoff atmosphere..Canucks win handily.

Intangibos

High-End Intangibos
Apr 5, 2010
Burnaby
Taking my mom to the game, she loves the Sedins and cried so I need to suspend my crippling boycott of this franchise.

Thinking of embarrassing her (in good fun) with a tank sign, or even worse something about Linden who is the only player she's ever liked as much as the Sedins. Suggestions? Keep in mind that I almost certainly won't follow through because of how apathetic I am about his team.

Reactions: JuniorNelson

StrictlyCommercial

Oct 28, 2006
Vancouver
I'm not sure it matters.

When Trevor Linden and Markus Naslund played their final games with the Vancouver Canucks, the team lost seven of their final eight games of the season and fell out of a playoff spot. It was a disaster.

Naslund's final game was not celebrated; instead, he was effectively booed out of town, although Linden received much fanfare in his final games with the team.

Ten years later, the only lasting memory from that final stretch of games is the last game against Calgary -- or, more specifically, the third period and post-game handshake. It was a blowout in which Jarome Iginla scored his 50th goal of the season and Roberto Luongo was pulled from the net. Nobody remembers that. Nobody remembers the beautiful backhand-roof goal that Byron Ritchie scored.

This is what people remember:

bg-wave-color.jpg

I was there and all I remember were the Trevor Linden chants.

Sadly won't be able to see the Sedins last game.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I don’t care about any other player at this point. They can all screw off. Only the Sedins matter.

I don’t care about Virtanen and his 10 bad angle shots. I don’t care about Horvat being a bull driving to the net and creating chances. I don’t care how bad Pouliot is.

Only watching because it’s the last time to see the Sedins.

Reactions: yvrtojfk

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Sedins chose a brief farewell. I am imagining this is a favor to the club. What would the talk be like if Sedins made their announcement in the off season? Nostalgia can deflect a lot of criticism.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Hoping for a first goal by Gaudette and ANOTHER strong performance :yo:

BlueGreen

Jan 3, 2018
Nice thread, just lose baby. Not taking anything away from the Sedins, they’re incredible. Thank you for everything you’ve done. I’m just thinking about the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad