Post-Game Talk: Canucks 4 vs. Golden Knights 5 | Commence the Sedin farewell tour

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I hope we don’t win another game, 3 loses would be great, we don’t need anymore points to screw us at the draft
This is true. Time to be PRACTICAL not EMOTIONAL folks. I want a cup not a final win for the Sedins. They will survive with another loss

Reactions: iFan

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
Green says that Gaudette, Virtanen and Leipsic will be on a line tonight. I'll be interested to see that. Motte sits in order to maintain his waiver-free status.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
Anyone else think that the Twins let their teammates know a few games ago that this was it for them... and it's what has helped prompt this run?
Edler said yesterday that he knew but Virtanen/Markstrom said that the Sedins announced it to the team yesterday morning so I’m guessing only the guys closest to the Sedins knew.

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
Green says that Gaudette, Virtanen and Leipsic will be on a line tonight. I'll be interested to see that. Motte sits in order to maintain his waiver-free status.

I'm excited to see how that line does. Could be a real pesky line that sticks for a couple years if they click.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I'm excited to see how that line does. Could be a real pesky line that sticks for a couple years if they click.
I hope we actually see a pesky side from 1 of those players, let alone 3 lol. Leipsic is far from a Marchand/Burrows so far in his NHL career. Virtanen hasn’t really gotten under a team’s skin often enough. Gaudette is TBD.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I don’t care about any other player at this point. They can all screw off. Only the Sedins matter.

I don’t care about Virtanen and his 10 bad angle shots. I don’t care about Horvat being a bull driving to the net and creating chances. I don’t care how bad Pouliot is.

Only watching because it’s the last time to see the Sedins.
You have some anger issues, my friend. :)

Reactions: Nomobo

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
Sedins chose a brief farewell. I am imagining this is a favor to the club. What would the talk be like if Sedins made their announcement in the off season? Nostalgia can deflect a lot of criticism.
I actually believe the Twins knew they were retiring well before Christmas.

Yet, they didn't want to be a distraction to the team.

True, subtle, and amazing team players.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
This is a very interesting line combo..

Me likey!

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Long term Sutter is still the 3C, that means Leipsic-Gaudette-Virtanen is either the 4th line for the next 2 years or the 2nd line for the next 2 years. One outcome is a huge disappointment (4th liners) and the other outcome is also a huge disappointment (weak 2nd line barring amazing developments). IMHO they will be split up, at least one player will be moved off.

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
I feel like I just broke up with someone... you kind of know it's coming, but still devastated when it happens.

We will never see two of the best innovators of the new era like this again.

Just as you can't mention the Sedins without the word 'class' attached, they deserve so much more credit for what they did in the locker room, and more importantly, the city of Vancouver.

The NHL will never see two amazing, and classy, people like this again.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I feel like I just broke up with someone... you kind of know it's coming, but still devastated when it happens.

We will never see two of the best innovators of the new era like this again.

Just as you can't mention the Sedins without the word 'class' attached, they deserve so much more credit for what they did in the locker room, and more importantly, the city of Vancouver.

The NHL will never see two amazing, and classy, people like this again.

Feeling better today?

Reactions: Ozone and Zombotron

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad