GDT: Game 80: New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers , 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
IMG_5911.jpeg

IMG_5908.jpeg

IMG_5909.jpeg

New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers
7pm ET, MSG

IMG_5892.gif
IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5912.jpeg

IMG_5424.gif

IMG_5910.png

Flyers Projected Line up

Tyson Foerster -- Morgan Frost -- Travis Konecny
Owen Tippett -- Scott Laughton -- Bobby Brink
Cam Atkinson -- Ryan Poehling -- Garnet Hathaway
Joel Farabee -- Sean Couturier -- Noah Cates

Cam York -- Travis Sanheim
Nick Seeler -- Jamie Drysdale
Marc Staal -- Erik Johnson

Samuel Ersson
Ivan Fedotov

Scratched:
Nicolas Deslauriers, Denis Gurianov, Ronnie Attard, Adam Ginning, Ryan Johansen, Egor Zamula, Olle Lycksell

Injured: Rasmus Ristolainen (upper body)

IMG_5088.png
Rangers Projected Line up

Chris Kreider -- Mika Zibanejad -- Jack Roslovic
Artemi Panarin -- Vincent Trocheck -- Alexis Lafreniere
Will Cuylle -- Alex Wennberg -- Kaapo Kakko
Barclay Goodrow -- Jonny Brodzinski -- Jimmy Vesey

Ryan Lindgren -- Adam Fox
K'Andre Miller -- Jacob Trouba
Erik Gustafsson -- Braden Schneider

Jonathan Quick
Igor Shesterkin

Scratched:
Zac Jones, Chad Ruhwedel, Matt Rempe
Injured: None

IMG_5915.gif

IMG_5916.gif

IMG_5917.gif

IMG_5324.gif
IMG_4629.jpeg

Last edited:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I get a kick out of Rempe like everyone else but the overemphasis on his importance is monumental.

If he was on another team and Siegenthalered a Rangers dman, the universal opinion here would be that he's worse than Wilson, even if the victim was Trouba.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
The Flyers are coming off a game where they completely embarrassed themselves, so this one could be trouble.
Will be interesting because this is probably a do or die game for the Flyers. Their season may be over if they do not come away with a win.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
I get a kick out of Rempe like everyone else but the overemphasis on his importance is monumental.

If he was on another team and Siegenthalered a Rangers dman, the universal opinion here would be that he's worse than Wilson, even if the victim was Trouba.
But that’s kind of why he’s important. He is a Ranger. So other teams are talking about him, worrying about him, concerned about him, and really he’s gonna play 5:43 with 6 hits and 1 shot on goal. He’s a physical forward, puts some extra mileage on their D and is a distraction for the opponent

Reactions: McRanger92

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Often times a young players goes off for the summer after his first taste of the NHL and comes back to training a better player. Over the summer months a team can help him develop but also from that acquired experience the player now has an understanding of areas of his game he really needs to focus on become a better player. This I would think is going to be true for Rempe and for Edstrom.....maybe even Othmann. Right now things are still kind of a blur and there's not much time for the one on one stuff so there's a bit of winging it on Rempe's part. There are points in the year that are better for working on a young player's development than others and this point of a team gearing up for the playoffs is not one of them.

I don't have a particular issue with how Laviolette has used Rempe so far. In retrospect would it have been nice if he played the last one? Maybe. But keeping in mind that the two events that seemed to piss the coach off the most happened in the middle of the 3rd period and at pretty much the end of the game. It's also questionable whether Pelech targeted Mika the way he thinks he did. Not that I'm against some kind of revenge anyway.....but that's to me built into the game.

It's not nice to lose to an arch rival......particularly when you think you've the better team. A shit first period and the last two periods the opponent playing shut the door defensive rope-a-dope with their fans crowing at end of game with glee. Every year has its ups and downs though.

Reactions: egelband

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
So what's up with Mika? Is he out?
I thought it was a really good sign he was back on the bench at the end of the last game.

To me that signifies he didnt have any concussion symptoms, but they were just being careful holding him out the rest of the way. Hes the type of guy, with his history who wouldve stayed in the room if he felt something (thats my opinion).

I wouldnt be surprised if they were extra careful with him and kept him out tonight -We wouldve had a much better indication if they had practice yesterday though.

Reactions: egelband
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad