GDT: Game 80 | Arizona Coyotes @ Edmonton Oilers | 6:00 p.m. AZST | Scripps

UK Yote

Jun 28, 2018
Another great win, Canucks then the Oilers is amazing. Have to admit a part of me wanted them to really suck in these last few games so I could have convinced myself that I am glad they have gone. However when they play like this its just a crying shame that someone else is going to benefit from this team. With all the crap swirling around to watch these guys come out and perform is fantastic and I am totally pissed that there are only 2 more games before my team, the Arizona Coyotes, are no more.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
It's amazing that Tourigny can get these guys to still play at a high level. IMO, they are close to being a play off team and it wouldn't have taken much to get over the hump ( just 2 decent blue liners). It breaks my heart we won't see the Stanley Cup playoffs in AZ.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
ATM Armstrong will be drafting 6th OA. Could fall to 8OA. With worst lottery luck 10th OA.

Still some pretty good options 6 to 10. From Sportsnet ranking in March:

6. Sam Dickinson, D, London Knights (OHL)
Height:
6-foot-2 Weight: 204 pounds

Everything about his game screams pro, especially his elite skating ability. There are times when he could make better and quicker decisions with the puck.

7. Berkly Catton, C, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
Height: 5-foot-10 Weight: 170 pounds

A little undersized for the position, but there’s no glaring weakness in his game. He’s a play driver and a dual threat offensive player as evidenced by his 50-goal, 100-point season to date.

8. Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)
Height:
6-foot Weight: 183 pounds

Transitional defenceman who processes the game quickly. Is patient with the puck, creating time and space to break it out, or to be successful on zone entries.

9. Zayne Parekh, D, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Height:
6-feet Weight: 181 pounds

An Erik Karlsson-type player who is the best defenceman at creating offence in this class. He has a boatload of confidence with the puck on his stick, often baiting and evading defenders to open pass or shooting lanes.

10. Cayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
Height:
6-foot-3 Weight: 210 pounds

Timeline for his return is still uncertain, but getting into game action before the year closes will help solidify him into a top 10 position come June.

11. Tij Iginla, C, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
Height: 5-foot-11 Weight: 186 pounds

A 50-goal campaign is well within reach. While goal-scoring pops, he’s a wickedly creative offensive player who specializes in making space.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
ATM Armstrong will be drafting 6th OA. Could fall to 8OA. With worst lottery luck 10th OA.

Still some pretty good options 6 to 10. From Sportsnet ranking in March:

6. Sam Dickinson, D, London Knights (OHL)
Height:
6-foot-2 Weight: 204 pounds

Everything about his game screams pro, especially his elite skating ability. There are times when he could make better and quicker decisions with the puck.

7. Berkly Catton, C, Spokane Chiefs (WHL)
Height: 5-foot-10 Weight: 170 pounds

A little undersized for the position, but there’s no glaring weakness in his game. He’s a play driver and a dual threat offensive player as evidenced by his 50-goal, 100-point season to date.

8. Zeev Buium, D, Denver (NCAA)
Height:
6-foot Weight: 183 pounds

Transitional defenceman who processes the game quickly. Is patient with the puck, creating time and space to break it out, or to be successful on zone entries.

9. Zayne Parekh, D, Saginaw Spirit (OHL)
Height:
6-feet Weight: 181 pounds

An Erik Karlsson-type player who is the best defenceman at creating offence in this class. He has a boatload of confidence with the puck on his stick, often baiting and evading defenders to open pass or shooting lanes.

10. Cayden Lindstrom, C, Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
Height:
6-foot-3 Weight: 210 pounds

Timeline for his return is still uncertain, but getting into game action before the year closes will help solidify him into a top 10 position come June.

11. Tij Iginla, C, Kelowna Rockets (WHL)
Height: 5-foot-11 Weight: 186 pounds

A 50-goal campaign is well within reach. While goal-scoring pops, he’s a wickedly creative offensive player who specializes in making space.

Watched Zeev in the NCAA title game last night. He had a very impressive assist on DU's second goal. As far as Tij Iginla goes, while he interests me as a prospect, I imagine there might be a gentlemen's agreement in place for fellow GMs in the top 10-15 to let Calgary draft him if they choose to do so.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
It was interesting that Bear mentioned during the losing streak one aspect that hurt them was relocation talk getting into the room. Kind of explains the sudden drop. Really impressive he pulled the group together.

Last edited:
Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad