Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I think the amount I care about Fleury chasing the records is precisely zero

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
What I care about is that he had a good game followed by a good shootout. And we #$@!ed it.

Yeah I get that. I also know he has single-handedly lost games for his skaters too so I guess I don't have much sympathy for any of these guys.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Even Duhaime has shown some surprising hands at times. Dewar is cold, Letierri is a scorer. Anyone but Maroon... well, maybe not Foligno, or Merrill. Oh, and do Zucc and Kap just thinks SO's aren't cool anymore?

Does Dean think that grit is important in a SO?

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Love Kap, but the love affair between him and Zuc have turned them into the pair of friends at work that should never be scheduled on the same shift together.

More wild complacency to be had..

Reactions: Sota Popinski

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Like I said, Maroon has been worthless and shown little to no effort so far this season.
I don't think that. I just think he is an old hockey player who's time is near done, and even when he was in his prime, skill was not his game. He scored 5 goals in 80 gp last year, FFS.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Even Duhaime has shown some surprising hands at times. Dewar is cold, Letierri is a scorer. Anyone but Maroon... well, maybe not Foligno, or Merrill. Oh, and do Zucc and Kap just thinks SO's aren't cool anymore?

Does Dean think that grit is important in a SO?
Kaprizov always does the chip shot that's off beat a split second from when you expect to shoot it. He had Keumper beat he just missed the net.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Yeah I get that. I also know he has single-handedly lost games for his skaters too so I guess I don't have much sympathy for any of these guys.
The list is certainly growing in that regards.

What drives me insane too is the double standard. I FULLY understand that you have to give Kap the best opportunities, because he's your "top" player. But a lot of the stuff we've seen from Thing 1 and Thing 2 would easily get any other guy moved a line, benched, or scratched. Send a damn message!!! And reward some of the guys who are working harder. Because those two look lazy as heck right now. It's NOT working!!

f7ben

Mar 25, 2018
The list is certainly growing in that regards.

What drives me insane too is the double standard. I FULLY understand that you have to give Kap the best opportunities, because he's your "top" player. But a lot of the stuff we've seen from Thing 1 and Thing 2 would easily get any other guy moved a line, benched, or scratched. Send a damn message!!! And reward some the guys who are working harder. Because those two look lazy as heck right now. It's NOT working!!
Fiala would have been benched and called out every single game for 82 games straight for what I’ve seen from Kap and Zucc this season. It’s sickening. Hartman has been the best player on that line and not just because he scored some goals.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Fiala would have been benched and called out every single game for 82 games straight for what I’ve seen from Kap and Zucc this season. It’s sickening. Hartman has been the best player on that line and not just because he scored some goals.
Fiala would have been shot to the moon. And you're right...Hartman has shown more drive than those two.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I bet Fleury plays Sunday against the Devils, he was good tonight. Old man still got it.

fgobuzz

Dec 10, 2010
Kentucky
I agree. But ol' Deano sees fit to not only elevate him to the 2nd line in our current situation but then let him shoot in the shoot out even if it's in the 7th spot. Lettieri isn't good defensively but has been offensively throughout his career but let's put him on the 4th line... Im done with Deano. Best part orting the game with 11 F was that it forced Dean to try new lines!

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kaprizov looks lost out there for the most part.

Making a half-ass effort to bring GREEF back was annoying, but giving Maroon PP time on top of it is extremely generous.

Reactions: fgobuzz

fgobuzz

Dec 10, 2010
Kentucky
Yup. How am I supposed to get drunk when I puke every time I see Maroon or Johansson on the power play? I know we're shorthanded right now but wouldn't this be the time to try something new? I know Maroon has veteran presence and Stanley Cup winning history but he's even dragging down the 4th line when he plays with the Dewey's. So let's not only elevate him to the 2nd line but let's give him PP time and let him shoot in the shootout before the 18th round...

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Dean responding to Washington’s shootout goal with Maroon was pretty funny.

I think I’d have rather seen Dewar or Duhaime shoot first.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
The team has zero skill or creativity outside 2 or 3 players. It’s hard to watch how little pressure they sustain, and how bad our defense core is at joining the play. If there is a year we’re gonna finish bottom 10, it’s this one.

Washington is a terrible team, and we couldn’t sustain a f***ing thing against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad