Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello
Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Maroon
Foligno - Rossi - Lettieri
Duhaime - Dewar - Khaira

Brodin - Faber
Middleton - Addison
Merrill - Mermis

Fleury :help:
I've been on the "find the future long-term head coach now" boat since the playoffs. And if Dean goes with the same lines, I'm going from Disappointed Dad mode (I'm still too young XD) to Officially Ticked off.

If a disappointing playoff and 7 straight poor starts doesn't suggest "hey, you know what, maybe we should try something new" then we honestly have to wish injury on a player for lineup changes to happen, and I would prefer not to have such a bad taste in my mouth.

For a team that prides itself on players who can play on any line, we seem to stick with the same lines and never have players play on new lines. So that is kind of dumb.

Last edited:

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
I want to see Dean try the Johansson-Rossi-Foligno line again. It's not too big of a change for Dean to consider and they already produce yesterday. Also, you put your best two-way center with Kaprizov to give Dean peace of mind that they won't be a liability defensively.

Also put in Hunt over Merrill. And while I prefer Gus, I can see the argument for Fleury because Gus was left on his lonesome and break is fine.

Kaprizov - JEE - Zuccarrello
Johansson - Rossi - Foligno
Gaudreau - Hartman - Maroon
Duhaime - Dewar - Letteri

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
I want to see Dean try the Johansson-Rossi-Foligno line again. It's not too big of a change for Dean to consider and they already produce yesterday. Also, you put your best two-way center with Kaprizov to give Dean peace of mind that they won't be a liability defensively.

Also put in Hunt over Merrill. And while I prefer Gus, I can see the argument for Fleury because Gus was left on his lonesome and break is fine.

Kaprizov - JEE - Zuccarrello
Johansson - Rossi - Foligno
Gaudreau - Hartman - Maroon
Duhaime - Dewar - Letteri
Looks good. But Gaudreau is probably out for tonight, need to insert Khaira.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I expect there will be much better pace in this one than last night, you have to imagine the players are feeling pretty shamed and fired up after getting out worked so badly in Philly.

Reactions: Sweetnut

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
Someone suggested during last night´s game that Dean might as well put the players name in a hat and play the linup as they got drawn. I gave it a try and this is what i got. I tried to adjust center/winger among the lines.

Kaprizov - Maroon - Lettieri
Khaira - Rossi - Zuke
Johansson - Ek - Hartman
Duhame - Dewar - Foligno

Not too shabby, can´t get any worse. Pretty neat that the luck of the draw put Kap in the first line.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if Dean will have his players ready to actually cover the soon to be best goal scorer in the history of the game, or is that asking too much?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The drama continues. Dan Barreiro on KFAN: "Dean Evason declares war on his top line"

Barreiro btw didn't think it was smart by the coach to call them out in public like he did.
We'll see how this works out.

• Haha
Reactions: Circulartheory

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Maroon in the Top 6, AHL blueline depth and MAF in nets — imagine how bad it’d be around here if Rossi & Faber weren’t performing so well

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I wonder if Dean will have his players ready to actually cover the soon to be best goal scorer in the history of the game, or is that asking too much?
Flower might be the goalie who Ovie has scored the most on. I have no numbers to back it up, just my gut feeling

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maroon in the Top 6, AHL blueline depth and MAF in nets — imagine how bad it’d be around here if Rossi & Faber weren’t performing so well
and Mermis, don't forget. 2 + 2 in 5gp. and he's been decent defensively.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
The drama continues. Dan Barreiro on KFAN: "Dean Evason declares war on his top line"

Barreiro btw didn't think it was smart by the coach to call them out in public like he did.
We'll see how this works out.
With the exception of the Oilers game, that top line has deserved being called out for weeks. They deserve to be broken up, but our coach doesn't have the balls to do it.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Blues fan here. Maroon on a contract year can be gold. I'm not going to argue your comment because it's honestly true, but a 5 points in 7 games player is something the Wild really need right now.

Btw, Go Wild!!

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
My top line struggles, the whole team plays loosely out of the gate for 7 games. Solution: I will make a media statement that I'm angry, then repeat.

Again, I was sitting on the fire Dean bus, but now I'm wanting to be at the wheel. You know what, this COULD work, players wake up and Spurgeon/Boldy come back and we go on streak.

But this is 7 games of no changes, you're lucky to make it to 7 games in the playoffs. This just proves to me he will never be the guy who leads this team (a team I actually LIKE the future of) to the playoffs.

EDIT: If the team was caught flat footed in 2 games, sure, but how many games of inconsitent play does this guy require to make the call to try something new? 10? 20? Until we get another injury?

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Haven’t looked at the stats this season until now. Maroon 5 apples in 7 games?

That can’t be right

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Rossi's goal was awesome, but I love how before that he won two board battles continuing to be able to hold players on his back and maintain possession of the puck. Fight in front of the net and occupy space. Guy has serious core and lower body strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille