GDT: Game 8: Sharks @ Canes 4:00pm NBCSCA

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
That being said. Eklund isn't getting points where he is because his linemates are ass. We really need to put him with Hertl or Couture when he returns. He's doing all the right things. Wish he shot more but holy crap he's being wasted right now.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I wonder when do we start seeing Mutinies in the locker room. I know they get paid millions, but coming to work each day must be hell for these guys. A lot of it is their doing, but coming to work and sucking each and every night probably is killing moral.
I mean, this would be like me getting an ironclad contract to do coding for $1 million a year, and all I have to do is show up every day and mindlessly whack at the keyboard with a golf club for eight hours. Of course I have no idea what I'm doing and can't even vaguely hope to do the job, but I'm getting paid a ton of money for the privilege.

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
I hated Karlsson but I actually couldn't believe they traded for Hoffman again knowing what happened regardless if Karlsson was gone + knowing he was absolutely cooked.
Mike Hoffman was a cap dump, acquired exclusively because we needed to offset the cost of Karlsson. He is entirely meaningless and superfluous as a player and no one should be under any illusions that there was any other rationale in acquiring him.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Zadina every ones golden god this year for some reason, again pointless and -2. Putting his past 5 games at 0 goals, 0 assists, -7.

Tampa scored 5 even strength goals zadina was on for 3 of them

Florida scored 2 even strength goals, zadina was on for both.

Carolina scored 2 even strength goals, zadina was on for both of them.

And some how people are wondering why he is not being trusted to play more minutes.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Zadina every ones golden god this year for some reason, again pointless and -2. Putting his past 5 games at 0 goals, 0 assists, -7.

Tampa scored 5 even strength goals zadina was on for 3 of them

Florida scored 2 even strength goals, zadina was on for both.

Carolina scored 2 even strength goals, zadina was on for both of them.

And some how people are wondering why he is not being trusted to play more minutes.

I too expected Zadina to be some sort of Defensive mastermind and Selke nominee.

In all seriousness, he was a reclamation project from the Draft Bust factory known as Detroit and is being paid as such.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
That being said. Eklund isn't getting points where he is because his linemates are ass. We really need to put him with Hertl or Couture when he returns. He's doing all the right things. Wish he shot more but holy crap he's being wasted right now.
with the way Hertl was playing, I don't think it would've been any better.

Mike Hoffman was a cap dump, acquired exclusively because we needed to offset the cost of Karlsson. He is entirely meaningless and superfluous as a player and no one should be under any illusions that there was any other rationale in acquiring him.
Hoffman looks great for the first 4 seconds he has the puck on his stick, then he makes the absolute worst decision/shittiest pass and ruins everything.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
with the way Hertl was playing, I don't think it would've been any better.

Hoffman looks great for the first 4 seconds he has the puck on his stick, then he makes the absolute worst decision/shittiest pass and ruins everything.
Probably not with Hertl. He’s been pretty bad but he’s also not playing with talented consistent players either. Eklund should play with Hertl just because who else is any good?

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
9.75% of the way through the season

0-8, 1 point in the standings

Outshot by 113

Outscored by 24 (23 discounting the shootout goal)

On pace for the 3rd worst offense of all time, the single worst offense in 10 years, and the only offense in the bottom-25 all time since World War 2

But they're just not working hard enough

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
CORRECTION

Were at 8 goals in 8 games, 1 G/G is actually the 2nd worst of all time

So we're moving along

This is the most threadbare and blatant tank roster since the McEichel Sabres

Sharkz4Fun

Feb 8, 2023
I'm aware. My point was I'm shocked he wasn't automatically buried and/or flipped like last time. Or, again, that Grier was *willing* to take him specifically, regardless if it needed to happen.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

The streak continues.

Oh, and there's another SNOG too.

SNOG:
3-0 Canes
Aho, Burns, Kotkaniemi

Congrats @PattyLafontaine on your first SNOG in my recorded history!

SNOG 2023-10-27 PattyLafontaine.jpg

#
Date / Opponent
SNOG Winner(s)
Result
1Oct. 12 vs Golden KnightsNewMuzu24, weastern biasVGK 4-1
2Oct. 14 vs AvalanchenoneAvs 2-1 SO
3Oct. 17 vs HurricanesTheBeardCanes 6-3
4Oct. 19 vs BruinsnoneBruins 3-1
5Oct. 21 at PredatorsnonePredators 5-1
6Oct. 24 at Panthersweastern biasPanthers 3-1
7Oct. 26 at LightningRed Light LoverLightning 6-0