Post-Game Talk: Game #8: Predators vs Maple Leafs | 6:00 PM CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I was yelling from the stands for Tommy not to give that puck up.

I may be wrong but wasn't 34 out there the entire OT? I was thinking so and that he'd be too tired to put up fight.
Someone on the main boards mentioned that one of the Toronto players was sitting on the boards with his leg over and he got pinned between Novak and his leg.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
Anyone that watches this game and wants Fabbro traded is insane to me. Bruno’s system of constant headmanning the puck seems to really suit his style of play. His ES TOI is gaining each game. His lack of special team play is the only thing keeping his ice time down.

Lauzon and Barrie are our weakest defenders but man did Carrier and McD struggle with their assignment tonight.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Anyone that watches this game and wants Fabbro traded is insane to me. Bruno’s system of constant headmanning the puck seems to really suit his style of play. His ES TOI is gaining each game. His lack of special team play is the only thing keeping his ice time down.

Lauzon and Barrie are our weakest defenders but man did Carrier and McD struggle with their assignment tonight.
Stating the obvious, but that is a tough draw for Mac who is trying to rely on experience and smarts to keep playing well enough to give top minutes. His speed and burst really got exposed last night, but he seemed uncomfortable with trying to stay ahead of the play as well. That's not something I have seen much so I won't over react, but certainly not a great game.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN

Agreed but more often than not, McD will be fine.

One thing that annoyed me during the broadcast, McD had those two really bad plays and Willy had no problem calling him out. On the flip side, they constantly had struggles breaking out of the zone and getting thru the neutral zone. Smith on back to back shifts made horrible passes that led to TML heading the other direction with the puck and all he says is, the Preds really having a hard time getting thru the neutral zone. But any time Smith farts in the right direction they praise him like he's the second coming of Gretzky. It's hilarious how much they protect him during the broadcast.

glenngineer

Jan 27, 2010
Franklin, TN
Interesting how invisible both the young speed guys were and that’s bad for Tomasino. I’m worried he just doesn’t fit this system, which is weird with his speed.
Hard to get in a groove when you're not given the ice time. Foudy looked fast on his first shift and then after that I was like, where is he?

We got the win which is important. Until the kids can learn to outplay Sissons/Trenin/Smith, their minutes will be limited.

It was nice seeing Tomasino and Pars chatting a lot on the bench. We'll see how this plays out.

Edgework

Jun 22, 2023
Interesting how invisible both the young speed guys were and that’s bad for Tomasino. I’m worried he just doesn’t fit this system, which is weird with his speed.
Worries me too.

BUT it’s a drastically different system, which means players have to rebuild their instincts. Instinct (or hockey IQ, or pattern recognition if you prefer) is what makes successful players have that extra half second. It’s all the difference in the world. And everyone’s (those who were with the preds last year, anyway) instincts are somewhat wrong for this system.

Josi and forsberg have also struggled a little, to be honest, and I think it’s partly because the system is so different. I don’t recall ever seeing Josi turn the puck over this much before.

So I’m concerned about tomasino, but I don’t think it’s time to give up yet.

Olderfan

Jul 3, 2019
Well, we have 2 SOG and zero o zone presence so far.

9:00 to go.
K
Worries me too.

BUT it’s a drastically different system, which means players have to rebuild their instincts. Instinct (or hockey IQ, or pattern recognition if you prefer) is what makes successful players have that extra half second. It’s all the difference in the world. And everyone’s (those who were with the preds last year, anyway) instincts are somewhat wrong for this system.

Josi and forsberg have also struggled a little, to be honest, and I think it’s partly because the system is so different. I don’t recall ever seeing Josi turn the puck over this much before.

So I’m concerned about tomasino, but I don’t think it’s time to give up yet.
Forsberg is struggling. Josi is a different player under this new Preds system. Under it Josi’s rushes are infrequent . Looks like his year will be quite different. Forsberg absolutely cannot handle the puck and gives it up constantly trying to.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
I don't think the coach was happy after that 2nd goal. Foudy was benched immediately after giving that up and never saw the ice again. Tomasino did get a shift later in the 3rd period, but he seemed to be sent to the doghouse to a large degree as well.

I suspect having Tomasino on a line with Foudy wasn't a great idea.

predwings

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville TN

I do agree, as someone who was wondering if he'd be traded this off-season he's definitely better suited for this system than the last one. He's also rising up more to the role, maybe he heard some of the talk and pushed harder?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
ok, can we officially say this team is good??
I think we can say this isn't a "tank" team.
Good? Nah, not yet. "Decent" is appropriate.
Definitely not as bad as many feared.

One of two things should happen soon... either the usual scorers actually start scoring or we will start losing more. Can't expect to live off Sissons and Smith for any long stretch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad