GDT: Game 8 | Pens @ Cats | 7:30 PM EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
And its gonna be Murray tonight.

Godspeed tomorrow, Niemi. Kuch and Stammer are going to light you up.
Yeah, they aren't exactly putting Niemi in a position to succeed. I thought they would try to get his confidence up after the team no showed for his last 2 starts.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Phil needs his own show and he'd hate every second of it.

If they won't even play Niemi in a back-to-back situation, then it's time for JR to find a capable backup they have faith in. Because those are exactly the reason to carry a competent backup.

Seriously. The second you plan to play Murray in back to back games that's the end of Niemi. Call up Jarry, make a trade or use Jarry until a trade can be made. It's over. I'm already annoyed that he got pulled so quickly against Chicago that Murray did play back to back.

Reactions: SHOOTANDSCORE

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Phil needs his own show and he'd hate every second of it.

Seriously. The second you plan to play Murray in back to back games that's the end of Niemi. Call up Jarry, make a trade or use Jarry until a trade can be made. It's over. I'm already annoyed that he got pulled so quickly against Chicago that Murray did play back to back.

His open hatred of it would only add to the charm. :naughty:

Yup. I was one of the few people who thought Niemi did his job and gave the Pens a chance to win last game. I am not a fan of Sully's goalie usage so far.

wheelz87

LGP
Jun 28, 2011
Pittsburgh
So Wilson is still scratched for the lesser a player (Kuhnhackl). I don't get it, Wilson is literally better at everything.

3 months ago the guy was playing with Malkin. Now he can't beat out Kuhn?? It really is disappointing. Wilson produced as well as Sheary in Wilkes Barre. Was looking for a nice year out of Wilson too.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Jarry just gave up two goals in seven shots in the WBS game tonight. May want to hold off calling him up for Niemi. We may be searching for another goalie

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
His open hatred of it would only add to the charm. :naughty:

Yup. I was one of the few people who thought Niemi did his job and gave the Pens a chance to win last game. I am not a fan of Sully's goalie usage so far.

It really would. He'd get increasingly pissy and defensive. It would be great.

After some time to think about the last Niemi start. Dude is such a mixed bag. Like a much worse version of standard Fleury and the unpredictability helps no one. If they were playing better defensively it might be enough. Similar to Zatkoff where the goalie isn't a good NHL goalie but they compound the problem. Murray getting tonight is ignoring trying to get Niemi on track and, imo, saying they don't like their chances of winning with him. It's not a good sign. I'm not sure they're wrong but it's not a good sign for even trying to make it work.

FreeBobbyFarnham

Jun 16, 2015
Montreal
3 months ago the guy was playing with Malkin. Now he can't beat out Kuhn?? It really is disappointing. Wilson produced as well as Sheary in Wilkes Barre. Was looking for a nice year out of Wilson too.
Yeah it's too bad. Wilson has potential but if he can't even get minutes with guys like Kuhn and Reaves in the lineup then I don't think he'll ever reach his potential here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad