DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011

umLurqk.jpg

2nJdyAm.jpg

E8Z9cdb.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I take it Wilson's not going to get back into the lineup barring an injury?

Not with all the penalties being called. Hopefully if the team and refs can cut down on them significantly, I'll think you'll see him back on the fourth line

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I take it Wilson's not going to get back into the lineup barring an injury?

I think we're seeing Reaves gradually lowered to a healthy scratch.

Preseason 4th line and PKing
Starts the regular season around his career average and probably around the normal 4th liner minutes at ES. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Lowering minutes. Including in the second game of a back to back. I think the last practice had the 4th line rotating today or yesterday.

The next logical step seems to be him being a healthy scratch and I'd be shocked if Sullivan regularly played someone who gets a little over 3 minutes of playing time. Something has to give with a player getting those minutes consistently. Either in not playing that player or giving him more minutes. It's not trending towards more minutes and they have a tonne of back to backs with a team that's played a lot of hockey.

I'd say it's gradually lowering responsibilities but it looks like a token "no one can say I didn't try" from Sullivan. It's taken him, what, 6 total games to get Reaves' minutes really low? Of course this begs the question of what went on behind the scenes with this trade.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I think we're seeing Reaves gradually lowered to a healthy scratch.

Preseason 4th line and PKing
Starts the regular season around his career average and probably around the normal 4th liner minutes at ES. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.
Lowering minutes. Including in the second game of a back to back. I think the last practice had the 4th line rotating today or yesterday.

The next logical step seems to be him being a healthy scratch and I'd be shocked if Sullivan regularly played someone who gets a little over 3 minutes of playing time. Something has to give with a player getting those minutes consistently. Either in not playing that player or giving him more minutes. It's not trending towards more minutes and they have a tonne of back to backs with a team that's played a lot of hockey.

I'd say it's gradually lowering responsibilities but it looks like a token "no one can say I didn't try" from Sullivan. It's taken him, what, 6 total games to get Reaves' minutes really low? Of course this begs the question of what went on behind the scenes with this trade.

Reaves being healthy scratched doesn't really help Wilson, though, unless Sullivan insists on playing Wilson or Kuhnhackl on their off-wing.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
We've seen Kuhnhackl play RW and we may have seen Wilson do it, too.

We've seen it, but I think both guys looked really bad at it.

If Wilson were a natural RW, you probably would have seen him in for Reaves by now. But as it is, Sullivan probably would only scratch Reaves if he felt Archibald could contribute more.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
We've seen it, but I think both guys looked really bad at it.

If Wilson were a natural RW, you probably would have seen him in for Reaves by now. But as it is, Sullivan probably would only scratch Reaves if he felt Archibald could contribute more.

I thought Kuhnhackl at least was alright? I'm not sure Sullivan wouldn't play Kuhnhackl or Wilson on their offwing more than he'll play Reaves. Particularly if Kuhnhackl is there primarily to PK.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Looking ahead at the schedule, it seems like, after Tampa Bay tomorrow, there won't be another important conference game until Nov. 11 (WSH).

Hope the Pens can get up for these games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad