PGT: Game 8: Finland 5 - Kazakhstan 0

Signupnow

Oct 18, 2017
Tuning into the game now that the opponent gives Finland a chance to win which always warms my heart

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Yeremeyev is playing well, I mentioned in the Kazak thread that he's a big game goalie and was outstanding in the 2017 U18's.

Little disappointed with the lack of offense but as I said this team can skate, and isn't that far off. Hoping for a Kazak PP just to get these guys on the board to build some confidence. They have a really good PP.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Has the Kazakh goalie been drafted?

He's a solid goalie, even with this showing I am not sure if he would be. He is a good goalie but technically he's very raw, and not overly big. In a way he reminds me a bit of another undrafted phenom who had a great WJC showing in Denis Godla (who even after his amazing showing was never drafted).

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
This Kazakh team is not bad at all. They're fast, have endurance and compete hard. You can tell that most of them play together because they have good chemistry. I'm shocked by this to say the least. They look way better than Denmark so far. This team could give some other nations trouble if they have an off night.

Really liked what I've seen from the goalie, #9, 15, 29, 23 and 17. Would not be surprised at all to see some guys drafted from this squad. They look raw, but well coached.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
What do you guys think of Laaksonen? I might have my Sabres colored glasses on, but he’s impressive IMO.
He's great individual but he and Vaakanainen have been extremely selfish in this game. Often the simple pass is the best play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad