PGT: Game 8: Finland 5 - Kazakhstan 0

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
They should give a little more icetime to Ylonen, he got the potential to score and his speed is really something.

Reactions: greasysnapper

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Does Kazakhstan have any players projected to get drafted this year?

There's a couple I've been touting as late round picks of interest who are draft re-entries. With a decent showing I think a few could definitely be on team's radars.

Gatiyatov

Both Daniyar's

Orekhov

This team has some decent pieces, and plays a really uptempo team game (the majority of the team has been together all season and chemistry in a short tournament shouldn't be taken lightly, and there are like 10+ players from last years gold medal team) including their best players. They don't have a chance tonight unfortunately and I'd bet money they'd lose, but like I've been saying, this team is good enough to beat Slovakia on December 30th, so I expect a competitive showing, and for them to hang around for a period but ultimately lose by 4+ goals. I think it'll be considered a success if they can score tonight, and get to show off their powerplay.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
What's Finland's biggest win vs Kazakstan in U20 WJC's.
Only what i remember was 1998 U20 WJC's quarterfinal game in Hämeenlinna when Finland defeated Kazakstan 14-0 or was it 14-1 am i wrong?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Just hoping none of Finland's most important players won't get injured in a game like this. That would suck.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Kazakhstan clearly lack skill compared with Finland, but they can skate really well and seem to be physical as well.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad