Post-Game Talk: Game 8 : Anaheim Ducks @ Philadelphia Flyers - 10am PT (yes, 10am), BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Killorn is a guy who will improve the team on both ends of the ice. Not the best on the PP, but he is excellent on the PK.
Yep. I just mean i hope dropping him with leo and terry
Or with zegras and leason or whatever ….. works.

If we can just get another line producing regularly… or for when the mct line cools off

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Yo, we got a touchdown?!?!!?

I'm working so only saw a few minutes in the 2nd when I was able to sit at my desk for a bit. Saw the ducks give up a goal to make it 4-2 and then took a penalty so I turned it off.

Can't wait to watch it all later. Morning games still suck!

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Caught up

Glad we won, def got some bounces tonight. Team overall played sloppy but we were owed some bounces from the first 7 games.

Zegras finally gets a goal hopefully that helps him loosen up a bit

Terry still playing like ass, it’s criminal he has 5 points this year.

Dostal wasn’t great tonight, but had the support.

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I think a little of the sloppy play may be because of the Zegras and Terry contract situation and the lack of team practices in pre season. Hopefully that gets cleaned up.

Reactions: Static

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Caught up

Glad we won, def got some bounces tonight. Team overall played sloppy but we were owed some bounces from the first 7 games.

Zegras finally gets a goal hopefully that helps him loosen up a bit

Terry still playing like ass, it’s criminal he has 5 points this year.

Dostal wasn’t great tonight, but had the support.
I'm telling you guys. It's him being away from his newborn. It's not easy for everyone. He will get through it

Reactions: Kalv and Ducks DVM

duckpuck

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2007
Strange game. I felt Philly really carried the play early and for long stretches after. Ducks were very opportunistic against the Philly backup goalie.

A win is a win. Lots to be happy about including Z and Henrique finally getting going.

Terry is really an enigma. He seems to so easily loose confidence or overthink things. He seems like a great guy, but that is why I don't think he'll ever wear the C. I don't think you want to add C responsibility to a guy who already grips the stick a bit too hard on a regular basis.

Reactions: AngelDuck

JAHV

Sponsor
Oct 3, 2023
Anaheim, CA
I think this was a poor performance for these Ducks overall - a lot of turnovers, some sloppy defensive zone play, and a lack of a forecheck - but the Flyers are a bad team. And Ersson was not good tonight.

The positives are that this was, by far, the best game the third line has had all season. Silfverberg can't skate any more, but he's still smart and strong. I thought Gudas had a phenomenal game and was our best player. The broadcast kept praising Fowler, but I thought Cam was really rough the first two periods. Gudas was a rock back there.

Naturalstattrick confirms the eye test. Gudas and Vaakanainen were the best players on the ice. Fowler wasn't as bad as I thought, but I remember him turning the puck over quite a bit. Lyubushkin and Mintyukov had a bad afternoon. I agree with some others that Minty might need a night off to regroup.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
I think this was a poor performance for these Ducks overall - a lot of turnovers, some sloppy defensive zone play, and a lack of a forecheck - but the Flyers are a bad team. And Ersson was not good tonight.

The positives are that this was, by far, the best game the third line has had all season. Silfverberg can't skate any more, but he's still smart and strong. I thought Gudas had a phenomenal game and was our best player. The broadcast kept praising Fowler, but I thought Cam was really rough the first two periods. Gudas was a rock back there.

Naturalstattrick confirms the eye test. Gudas and Vaakanainen were the best players on the ice. Fowler wasn't as bad as I thought, but I remember him turning the puck over quite a bit. Lyubushkin and Mintyukov had a bad afternoon. I agree with some others that Minty might need a night off to regroup.
I agree we didn’t outplay flyers. I took this as the bounces we didnt get during first 6 games have come back even in the last 3 games. As a result we are about where we “should” be 500

Now that puck luck is even we restart.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Silfs best game of the year. Looks to be putting a lot of effort into it despite the body not being what it once was.

Henrique looked better too, will be interesting to see him in the top six again when Leo is out vs Pittsburgh

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Not the cleanest win but so nice to see the offense. Frank the Tank! Third line had its best game for sure.

I think this was Minty's worst game, but that's not a huge knock against him. It's inevitable to happen with the amount of minutes he's playing and I love his aggression.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
No he hasn't..who said that?

I did. I have the same criticism this year as I had last year which included not playing with his teammates, not trusting his teammates, a puck hog/puck hero, and not having chemistry with Mac. You can feel free to look up the GDT's from last year all you want.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I did. I have the same criticism this year as I had last year which included not playing with his teammates, not trusting his teammates, a puck hog/puck hero, and not having chemistry with Mac. You can feel free to look up the GDT's from last year all you want.
I believe you said it but it doesn’t mean it was accurate necessarily

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I believe you said it but it doesn’t mean it was accurate necessarily

And yet the criticism still exists from last year. It's not like Terry was -14 in goal production last year to 2021-22 or anything like that a supportive proof. :sarcasm:

Terry has 5 points in 8 contests and people are criticizing his game as not conducive with others. Are you gonna also say that's not an accurate criticism too?

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
And yet the criticism still exists from last year. It's not like Terry was -14 in goal production last year to 2021-22 or anything like that a supportive proof. :sarcasm:

Terry has 5 points in 8 contests and people are criticizing his game as not conducive with others. Are you gonna also say that's not an accurate criticism too?
Terry went from 0.89PPG in ’21-22 to 0.87PPG in ‘22-23. Assists went from 0.40 to 0.54 APG. He was responsible for the same amount of production, just swapped his goals for assists. Saying he wasn’t using his teammates is an odd thing to say when he led the team in assists per game, and also the entire team in PPG. His overall production went down because he missed games, not because he was a worse player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad