GDT: Game 78: Tortorella's Hart-less Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens, Tues. April 9, 19:00 @ The Bell Centre | TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Imagine the last play we saw. Rfull developp Reinbacher, that puck ain't travelling deep in Habs zone like that. Rein will stop that at his spot and make the next good play.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
To be an asshole? They deserve it if they really decided to give up in the middle a playoffs race because they hate their coach.

Don't make it sounds like he doesn't deserve to be victim of his own gimmick.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
To be an asshole? They deserve it if they really decided to give up in the middle a playoffs race because they hate their coach.
It's not about that and honestly i'm always amaze when i read things like that. Tort asks his players to give their 120% all games. I know fans believe it's possible to do that for 82 games but the sad reality is no it's not possible. You can do that for 40 maybe 60 games but that's about it you will eventually run out of juice. That's why good teams doesn't show up against bad teams all the time they don't waste energy if they don't have to. The Flyers simply ran out of juice there's nothing left in the tank. Couturier came back from two serious injuries and Tort was playing him 20 minutes a game to start the season instead of managing his TOI. Any coach whose system is to ask player to give their 120% every games is not a very good coach in my book. Tort used to be more subtle that he is these days back when he started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad