GDT: Game 78: Tortorella's Hart-less Flyers vs. Montreal Canadiens, Tues. April 9, 19:00 @ The Bell Centre | TSN2, RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Must win or must lose?

If it wasn't for the draft lottery, I would be wishing for a convincing win against the almost-pulseless Flyers for a couple of reasons.
1. Tortorella's meltdowns are always entertaining and satisfying.
2. I dislike Daniel Briere, especially after he agreed to sign with the Canadiens near the end of his career.
3. The Carter Hart Saga

However, we have to stay focused on the big picture here. A loss keeps us bottom-5, and keeps the Flyers in the playoffs-race. And it would bring me immense joy watching the Flyers struggle in said playoffs, inevitably lose, draft at a higher position, and remain mediocre for a longer period of time.

Your thoughts?

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Remember last time the Habs played Philly, I said they suck and people didn't agree?

Well, they f***ing suck and the chance for a win is pretty good, so if you want the Habs to win no matter what, this is your game.

I'll be watching the sens - cats hoping for fights and shit.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I am more concerned about why Xhekaj had to visit a doctor in the states, that's never good.

It's possible this injury is related to the one that he missed time for earlier in the year and he's looking at his options. But yes it usually means a surgery but if it's a surgery that will curb a nagging injury later, better to get it done now, the season is over.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I don’t want the season to end. The f*** am I going to do after? More productive things? Pfffft
I can't even guarantee that anything I do other than watching this team will be more productive.

It's possible this injury is related to the one that he missed time for earlier in the year and he's looking at his options. But yes it usually means a surgery but if it's a surgery that will curb a nagging injury later, better to get it done now, the season is over.
Yeah... that smells like a surgery. Sigh. Every time we get a favorite player some shit like that happens. Unreal.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Must win or must lose?

If it wasn't for the draft lottery, I would be wishing for a convincing win against the almost-pulseless Flyers for a couple of reasons.
2. I dislike Daniel Briere, especially after he agreed to sign with the Canadiens near the end of his career.
3. The Carter Hart Saga

However, we have to stay focused on the big picture here. A loss keeps us bottom-5, and keeps the Flyers in the playoffs-race. And it would bring me immense joy watching the Flyers struggle in said playoffs, inevitably lose, draft at a higher position, and remain mediocre for a longer period of time.

Your thoughts?
It’s confusing to hype me up to watch a game by letting me know how pointless watching it is and I should hope they lose. deflated for both after reading this is my thoughts.

Will try to last past the 2nd period for this one.

I don’t want the season to end. The f*** am I going to do after? More productive things? Pfffft
dunno but I wish the tankers would just stick to their thread or maybe read the season results on TSN in a few weeks and leave it at that. Posturing we don’t “get” how to rebuild as an excuse to piss on everyone’s fun is what I’ll miss the least about this season.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
its not that bad will get the lottery draft,NHL draft,some offseason moves and UFAs

I'm super excited for the offseason, draft etc... It's the best part of a rebuild, this season can't end quick enough for me.

Preferably in the bottom 5. :nod:

Much to look forward to next season as well, with a healthy Dach, a better Caufield, a progressing Slafkovsky and some (presumably) new additions.

No more tanking, the expectations and improvements are going to organically begin to rise....

It's going to be both refreshing and liberating to be able to full on cheer for this team to win again.

All eyes are on management, let's see what they have up their sleeves. :popcorn:

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Must win or must lose?

3. The Carter Hart Saga

Your thoughts?
Honestly, I sympathize with the Flyers because they have a history of finding good goalies and then losing them through some dumb, bizarre, or tragic incident. Pretty sure they'd be comfortably in the playoffs with Hart. Without him, they're screwed.

I can't wait to see what Briere does. I don't see how he can go back to the drawing board while keeping Tortorella... talk about an awkward fit.

Trabdy2

Nov 30, 2018
Is Guhle back?

I think we lose this one if he isn't. Philly has sucked, but they have a chance to stay in the thick of the playoff race with a win against a weak injury-ravaged team. This is a huge opportunity for them.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
Honestly, I sympathize with the Flyers because they have a history of finding good goalies and then losing them through some dumb, bizarre, or tragic incident. Pretty sure they'd be comfortably in the playoffs with Hart. Without him, they're screwed.

I can't wait to see what Briere does. I don't see how he can go back to the drawing board while keeping Tortorella... talk about an awkward fit.

I can totally see it with Pelle Lindbergh, but have absolutely no sympathy for Hart. If he was involved in the sex scandal than that's all on him.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Well, if you go back a little, Xhekaj said it himself when he got hurt....

After Xhekaj said: it's like a 700-pound collision there! It was heavy on my end; I stepped up and I saw him behind – it hurt me, it hurt me pretty good too

That left shoulder took the hit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad