GDT: Game 77: Columbus at Chicago | 3/31 8:30PM

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I think missing Bjork hurts pretty bad. He was a breathe of fresh air before getting trucked.

Agree about Bjork. He's young and with a limited sample size, but he brings offensive skills - puck handling and sniping - that this team needs.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
I thought we played really well. Shows that we can keep pace or surpass the pace of a cup-contending team.

However, we need to break this slump. To do that, they need to shoot. Just shoot the ****ing puck every chance they get. Get some bounces and rebounds and get the confidence back and we'll be good to go for the playoffs.

If they don't try that approach soon, then I'll be pissed/worried.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm in the encouraged camp. Still worried about the offense, but they had better attacks this game than I've seen in a while. That's how it seems to go - there always seems to be a lag between the work and the reward, whether towards the end of a stretch of hot scoring or towards the end of a stretch of cold scoring.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Agree about Bjork. He's young and with a limited sample size, but he brings offensive skills - puck handling and sniping - that this team needs.

It seems unfair that the Toronto clown gets two games and meanwhile the Jackets have missed one of their best offensive weapons for 2 weeks.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I bet we get a point at least out of this game if it wasn't a back to back.

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Can't wait for that Karlsson/Hartnell/Korpikoski line on Sunday. A Tropp/Campbell/Boll line could provide more offense than that.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
Moving Gagner back to center would be a good start towards more offense...no one behind the bench seemed to be paying attention during those few games.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Did I just hear Hartnell has gone almost 30 games without a goal? Holy **** if true

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Still created very few scoring chances. A cardboard cutout could have held the Jackets to 1 goal tonight.

Really? We outshot Chicago 33 to 23 with Crawford posting a .970 save percentage. Not a bad save number. Now Chicago did have better scoring chances, but it's not like we didn't have a few. Like most here, I'm not happy posting a single, but too often lately we've not had this amount of time in the opponents zone.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Teams figured out how to defend our PP. Not a personnel issue, more of a systems issue. We have not adjusted.

Which is exactly what I was implying.... not once did I say it's the personnel. Hell, I've been b and moaning about lack of adjustments for awhile now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad