GDT: [Game #76] Dallas Stars vs. Edmonton Oilers – 8:30 PM CT (TNT)

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just got back from the game...amazing one to attend for sure.

Also Tanev deserves some more love, he's f***ing outstanding defensively. I feel so confident when he and Lindell are out there together no matter who is on the ice for the other team

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017

Is that good?

And as much as we shit on Jamie from time to time, really good on him for taking these 2 guys under his wing and helping them become what they are. He really does need a youth injection on his line every season to continue his career. Give him Bourque next year.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Last night got Oilers fans spinning

Screenshot_20240404-223359_Instagram.jpg

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Oilers fans acting like Wyatt Johnston was an obvious pick at the time and not viewed as a reach.
yep - the 2021 draft was very vibes and voodoo

but it turns out - to the dismay of some posters here that were losing their shit during the draft - it might be possible to scout and evaluate players that "missed an entire year of development"

Reactions: LT and Elysian

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
We aren't able to process that Nill and Co. are outstanding at drafting these days. As Razor said the other night, if the '21 draft was redone, both Wyatt and Stank would be top 5 picks. Probably ditto on the '17 draft, although maybe Miro would have dropped to 4th (Makar) but JR would have been in the first round, and Otter would probably have been a bit higher. I have a hunch Bich will garner similar accolades when he arrives next year.

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Johnston will be in the running for the Selke every year once he gets more recognition. Damn he’s so good.

If we get this Oetter in the playoffs and stay healthy I like our chances for the big trophy.

Hintz has been flying lately. Hopefully goals start coming soon.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
We aren't able to process that Nill and Co. are outstanding at drafting these days. As Razor said the other night, if the '21 draft was redone, both Wyatt and Stank would be top 5 picks. Probably ditto on the '17 draft, although maybe Miro would have dropped to 4th (Makar) but JR would have been in the first round, and Otter would probably have been a bit higher. I have a hunch Bich will garner similar accolades when he arrives next year.
24-25, the year of bitch-n-bork + calder-stank

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
The national media still tends to discount the Stars, even in game. After the second period, they noted that "we don't talk about the Stars enough." I am sure the way the game went, they had to alter the in game script a bit.

After this they then proceeded to talk about the Oilers (or other teams not even in the game) for most of the 3rd.

They're all f***ing idiots. We had two of the worst color commentators in sports last night.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Havin 3 major contributors on ELC's this year is huge . Going to be expensive soon enough though. Better win something while we have that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad