GDT: Game 75: Red Wings at lightning 7:00 pm et 4/1/24 (ESPN+, BSD)

datsyukfan

Jul 5, 2007
While I generally don't think Petry is as bad as people have made him out to be, he has been legitimately awful lately. The mental mistakes have been brutal.

Sitting him for a game for a rest and hopefully mental reset would be great.

Maatta and Holl look better because they player fewer and protected minutes. so ultimately we need Petry to get back to being his average self.
You have walman back now so Petry shouldn’t need to play those mins. Top 4 should be Mo, walman, chiarot, Ed. Again I would go Maatta and ghost as bottom pair. both are better players than Petry

Reactions: norrisnick

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I don't get it. When we get a guy back (Walman) ane Petry who's been shitty most of the season and horrible the since the beginning of March still in the lineup with Ed. He's actually cost us points in games. Does he have naked pics of the coaching staff doing nefarious things?

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
I don't get it. When we get a guy back (Walman) ane Petry who's been shitty most of the season and horrible the since the beginning of March still in the lineup with Ed. He's actually cost us points in games. Does he have naked pics of the coaching staff doing nefarious things?
Holl and Petry both should sit.

Reactions: lilidk

Game suspension

Feb 11, 2018
Since the trade deadline the Lightning are 8-0-1 so let's hope the Isles take out the Flyers tonight lol.

OneMoreTry

Sep 26, 2021
Maatta out and Petry still playing - unbelievable. I'd get it, if we were out of the race a long time ago and trying to improve draft position (ok, shouldn't sit Holl then, either..)..

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
dont understand why petry is not sitting. if should be top 5 if not #1 on the list of who should sit.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
And apparently @Bench is Kyle Konin in disguise. We officially have a double agent who has infiltrated the Lightning!

Ah beans! Did another one go in?

oops-aquaman.gif

raymond23

Go Griffs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
I’m sorry but Holl is better than Petry. Petry is atrocious. Are we sure he’s even a RH shot? Maybe he’s a lefty and that’s why he’s so horrible playing with a RH stick

Yea, I’m not sure why Holl hasn’t been given more of a chance. Especially with someone like Edvinsson

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

what exactly does this mean...

does this mean they don't have a goalie to play against us tonight or this is going to be a backup guy for vasi or something?

I actually don't like new goalies playing because most of the time it is either that they let in 10 goals or they look like prime hasek (of course without the flash). And the way we have been finishing on our shots lately, this guy might get an honorary HOF tag

WF19

Nov 18, 2009
A win today and a regulation loss by the Flyers would put us back in the second wild card spot with a game in hand. I guess we have to look at the Isles as the lesser of the two evils today.
Almost guarantee it's a 3 point game just to screw with us

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
"If you look at the history of the day we in America call April Fools Day, it's hard to pin down the exact origin of the concept. Like a lot of things it might have its roots in the Ancient World, the vernal equinox, or the imposition of the Gregorian Calendar by Pope Gregory XIII in 1852. Also hard to pin down is the root cause of the terrible schneid that the whole Red Wings team has been on since "Showtime" in Chicago. While fingers are more likely to point at a flu-ravaged locker room, some leaky goaltending, or lack of scoring, at this point it might just be worth having someone prepare a belated equinox feast of some sort, just in case. In any event, Detroit is hoping that they can leave Tampa tonight with a rare road victory in hand and treat March like it was a simple prank gone wrong."

- Plausible Keats

dalem177

Plausible Keats
Oct 4, 2021
Minnesota
A win today and a regulation loss by the Flyers would put us back in the second wild card spot with a game in hand. I guess we have to look at the Isles as the lesser of the two evils today.
Welp, we already know to beware the Ides of March - maybe now we have to beware the Isles of April.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad