GDT: Game 74: Stars @ Capitals | Tuesday, March 20th | 6:00pm CT

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think they will move away from the "sign Kari for a million" plan. Looked good when he wasn't being relied on, but when all on the line, it seems he can't come out ahead.

Hmm, Bishop injury prone, Kari average. Is it possible we end this season with even more questions in goal than last year?

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
We'll win the draft lottery and draft Rasmus Dahlin, then our top pair will be Dahlin-Heiskanen, then we will be happy once more.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Everyone can thank Joe McDonnell and the scouting staff. We haven't drafted a single impact prospect since 2013.. imagine our team with Barzal or Connor and Max Domi ... or some similar pair.

WE HAVE NO SECONDARY SCORING.. how can you win when you are a one line team..

If our scouts could have gotten us a couple players who can play in the NHL instead of these fringe 4th liners (Gurianov,Dickinson, Elie).. we would have much better results.

Reactions: Ragernschnapple

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We'll win the draft lottery and draft Rasmus Dahlin, then our top pair will be Dahlin-Heiskanen, then we will be happy once more.

Even more ideal situation: we get the 2nd overall pick. Another dman is not what we need. Would be ideal to get the 1st overall and trade it to the team with the 2nd overall and get a big return and draft the best winger available

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
Even more ideal situation: we get the 2nd overall pick. Another dman is not what we need. Would be ideal to get the 1st overall and trade it to the team with the 2nd overall and get a big return and draft the best winger available
I was being slightly sarcastic, I doubt we will win the draft lottery unless Peverley can give us some of his mojo again. But you'd be silly to pass on Dahlin, regardless of our defensive situation, kid is going to be a stud. Svechnikov and Zadina are the top two forwards, and likely to go 2-3, but they are not in the same boat as Dahlin.

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
I was being slightly sarcastic, I doubt we will win the draft lottery unless Peverley can give us some of his mojo again. But you'd be silly to pass on Dahlin, regardless of our defensive situation, kid is going to be a stud. Svechnikov and Zadina are the top two forwards, and likely to go 2-3, but they are not in the same boat as Dahlin.
I would take Zadina or Svechnikov any day though, they would help us a ton.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad