GDT: Game 72: New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers need to match the intensity here.

Flyers are potentially on the verge of missing out on that last playoff spot. They need points desperately.

I'd like to keep the 3pt lead over Carolina.

80shockeywasbuns

Feb 12, 2022
399E768C-B509-46E2-BFC7-B7791754CE69.jpeg

1711470817706.gif

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That's what they want you to think!

What drives me nuts is that there will be no less than 3 people in the crowd wearing Devils jerseys tonight. Happens every time.

Ah, the mysterious "they."

Never understood why anyone gives a f about other team jerseys at a sporting arena.

Always seemed like those that cared most about it, no matter the sport, were the most likely to get in fights at the game and more likely than not get too drunk to even understand what was going on, in the game.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC

Never understood why anyone gives a f about other team jerseys at a sporting arena.

Always seemed like those that cared most about it, no matter the sport, were the most likely to get in fights at the game and more likely than not get too drunk to even understand what was going on, in the game.
If it's the opposing team, or just any jersey, sure.

People who wear rival jerseys when the rival isn't playing just to get a rise are smartasses and sad saps.

I'm not going to drink or fight, I'm just going to think you're a smartass and a sad sap.

Reactions: DialUp

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
Early in the season I posted that there were 3 under 25 year old Wolf Pack players that were NHL players.
Edstrom, Rempe and Scanlin.
Now being that said if Scanlin (a LD) is in tonight’s lineup, that Brandon has been playing RD since the end of last season and all of this season so there might be a bit of an adjustment.
Regardless of tonight’s play I’ll stand by my assessment that Brandon Scanlin is an NHL player.

Reactions: tiggles and bl02

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
How long is Gus out for? Fortunately, Jones is playing really well right now. Seems motivated.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
If it's the opposing team, or just any jersey, sure.

People who wear rival jerseys when the rival isn't playing just to get a rise are smartasses and sad saps.

I'm not going to drink or fight, I'm just going to think you're a smartass and a sad sap.
Especially if you're a Devils fan who is going to miss the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Machinehead

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
I just landed in Denver for Thursday’s game so I’m gonna try to watch this one at a bar somewhere. Guys, Denver is really bad man. My father and I just got pizza across from the train station in downtown Denver. A man walked in, sat down, and started doing heroin right in front of me. Another man walked in, tried selling candy bars, then went headfirst into the garbage and started eating pizza in the garbage. This is my third trip seeing the Rangers in Denver and I don’t think I’ll ever come back here again. It is so unsafe downtown.
Biggest mistake is being downtown by Union Station (FWIW I'm right here too, my office is on 16th). You should be hanging out in RiNo just up Larimer street, in the Highlands, or on Tennyson. Just like any city, pockets of Denver are rough/shitty/soulless, and other pockets are fantastic.

If you want decent pizza (won't compare to NY, but you'll enjoy it), go to Cart Driver.

FWIW if you want to go to a bar for the game tonight, Occidental on 32nd is apparently a Rangers bar. I haven't been yet even though I live a 15 min walk away. And on the plus side, it's right next to Williams & Graham, one of the better cocktail bars/speakeasies in the city. That area of 32nd has a handful of decent places.

Last edited:

Bob Richards

Mr. Mojo Risin'
Feb 9, 2011
Jersey

Honestly I’ve always enjoyed seeing the random team jerseys at games. There’s a charm to it and I enjoy looking for the most random guy possible lol.

The last few games I’ve been to were Rangers/Devils games and I’ve seen:

Florida Panthers Pavel Bure
Minnesota Wild Dany Heatley
St. Louis Blues Barrett Jackman
New York Rangers Matt Gilroy

I know Gilroy was a ranger but this was in like 2017 and I don’t even think Matt Gilroy’s mom owned a Matt Gilroy jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad