GDT: Game 72 | Columbus vs. Ottawa | 3/17 7PM

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Not a pretty win, but a great win. Missing our top defenseman (best player? At least most consistent)... clear trap game. Solid effort, way to duke it out and get it done.

Big test on Monday. Hopefully Jones is back and JJ sits, IMO that's the way our defense needs to look.

#cbj

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Hot/Not so hot takes.

Hot:

• Boone/Fligs/Letestu combined to win 13 of 17 draws... 76 percent.
• Bob now has a 0.934 save percentage in his last 5 starts.
• Boone extended his point streak to 5 games.

Not so hot:

• Z finished the game as a -1... 3 giveaways to 0 takeaways... -12 relative CF% (2nd worse of all defensemen besides JJ. That pairing was putrid).
• Bread ended his 6 game point streak.

Oh and Jackets say, “F your trap game talk”.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
What's up with Letestu?
I get that they got him playing the wing but he didn't take 1 draw? I thought that was 1 of the main reasons they got him back.

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
I guess Letestu was 5 for 5 on draws. It's showing he never took any on sportsnet up here in Canada.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Not pretty but big win..... 7 IAR is huge....

The Jenner/Wennberg/Vanek line has been the difference maker.... Jenner has exploded since Vanek joined him, perhaps self induced pressure is off Jenner now?? Anyway, it's our best line of late..

I want Atkinson to start playing up to his contract now..... I want Jones back ASAP too...

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Guess the worst d pairing without checking stats? They were on the ice for half of Ottawa SF.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I don’t understand the jack Johnson hate, we’ve won 7 in a row , and our defense was solid. Werenski looks way worse defensively most nights, but you’ll have that with a second year player . Glad to get another win, with Jones out tonight

Reactions: Halfboard

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
What's up with Letestu?
I get that they got him playing the wing but he didn't take 1 draw? I thought that was 1 of the main reasons they got him back.
Stragety was pretty bad tonight . Saw Wennberg start both powerplays losing draws. The last 5 games they were using Boone, Figs, Letestu, and winning most of draws . Weird to see tonight

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Not pretty but big win..... 7 IAR is huge....

The Jenner/Wennberg/Vanek line has been the difference maker.... Jenner has exploded since Vanek joined him, perhaps self induced pressure is off Jenner now?? Anyway, it's our best line of late..

I want Atkinson to start playing up to his contract now..... I want Jones back ASAP too...
Adding Vanek with Boone and Wennberg has brought both of themout of the doldrums. I'll add this comment. Vanek not only has skill, he has great vision and a keen mind for offense. I think his knack for knowing where to be i the O zone and finding space has really helped Boones game.

Now Robert - is the Cam you refer to the same one who scored a hat trick last game?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I don’t understand the jack Johnson hate, we’ve won 7 in a row , and our defense was solid. Werenski looks way worse defensively most nights, but you’ll have that with a second year player . Glad to get another win, with Jones out tonight
Like Maylo, I don't hate Jack - in fact he's one of my 5 favorite Jackets all time. But when Jones returns, Jack would be the odd man out.....But I'll agree with you that Zach has turned in some less than stellar defensive games.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

In the first period, every time he was on the ice they got pinned in their own zone. Go back and watch it... especially Ottawa's goal. Where the heck was he going when his guy scored the goal?

That's been the case all year, not just tonight. His advanced stats have been horrible regardless who he's been paired with. His compete level his high. He's strong, physical and competitive... but he lacks the mental capacity for the game. I love the guy honestly, and he has undoubtedly been a big part of the culture change. But I think his expectations are too high and his best days are behind him.

Hence the hate. Not really hate, just pointing out the obvious. I hope Cole is brought back ahead of him.

Bobcat110

Feb 11, 2004
Central Ohio

You must have missed the fine print of your HF board user agreement, no one is permitted to be happy to see their team win, we must find some reason to be unhappy with our team's play and nitpick at each player's existence.

Reactions: Halfboard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad