Post-Game Talk: GAME 71 - Celine Dion = Titanic - NYR 5 BRUINS 2

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Unless Carlo and Lindholm start playing to their ability and start using their size the Bruins playoff run will be short. They play like guys who are 5.10 175 lbs. They are fine against teams like Toronto who don't have an aggressive forecheck but crumble against the likes of Florida, TB and the NYR. We often in the playoffs see guys finish their checks who rarely do that in the regular season, we need these 2 key players to also step it up come playoff time and be unafraid of taking a hit. McAvoy, Peeke and Wotherspoon can handle the rough stuff and Gryz is Gryz with his size limitations.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I finally decided to join the discussion board. Been a die hard Bruins fan since 1968 when I was 5 years old and watching Toronto play Boston with my Leaf loving parents. All I remember hearing was this guy named Bobby Orr and right then and there I became a fan of the Bruins. Some great seasons along the way but also a lot of disappointment, but once you become a fan of this team it gets in your blood and you can never become a fan of any other team.
I agree. I am 71 and have been a fan for many years.

BamBamCam

Apr 12, 2011
Crowsnest Pass AB
What I saw last night was:
Geekie line was a no show. This is the kind of game they were built for.
Monty should've reamed the players arses out after the second. Then pulled Swayman after the 3rd goal. I believe it would have sent a message.
Hampus needs to sit he can't be relied on for big minutes.
The PP need to be practiced and personal changed.
I'd have Lohrei on the right side that way Pasta and him could both be set up for the one timer.
There have been I lot of smoke and mirrors this season for the Bruins to be fighting for first in the league. I don't believe it will last into the playoffs.
To go back to Swayman, I notice since the all-star game that he's going down a lot early that normal.

Last edited:

CrownofThornton

Jul 8, 2012
Team played a solid first, but the Bruins shouldn’t have allowed the mistakes to snowball the way they had. It’s like they wilted after the Heinen mishap.

Or really, maybe we should give credit to the Rangers for upping their game after their first goal. It was like an entirely different game after that point.

*this website is infuriating on phone. The auto refresh drives me nuts*

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Team played a solid first, but the Bruins shouldn’t have allowed the mistakes to snowball the way they had. It’s like they wilted after the Heinen mishap.

Or really, maybe we should give credit to the Rangers for upping their game after their first goal. It was like an entirely different game after that point.

*this website is infuriating on phone. The auto refresh drives me nuts*
Being a sponsor helps immensely and I strongly advise scrolling to the bottom of the page on your phone and selecting one of the dark modes. I'm not sure if that requires a sponsorship or not though.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Being a sponsor helps immensely and I strongly advise scrolling to the bottom of the page on your phone and selecting one of the dark modes. I'm not sure if that requires a sponsorship or not though.
It doesn't require a sponsorship to use the dark mode, neither does having no ads, just have to use the right browser for that part.

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
He usually blocks shots with his stick, though, so they don't count. It's not tough.

In other news: 9 page thread after a loss and still cooking- the humping of Ottawa the game before got 6. :laugh:
I mean you are supposed to beat Ottawa no? 0-3 vs a team you may have to get through for a cup though would cause some worthwhile conversation IMO.

Reactions: Roll 4 Lines

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
Honestly though how can that be? If they are first or second overall and lose first round the season is still a win? I get have minimal expectations when the season starts, but over 6-7 months they have shown they should be a successful play-off team, I think that is letting them off the hook, and IMO this group has alot to prove in the postseason.
While I see your point, they haven't looked to me like a playoff team all season. I admit they've looked and performed better than I expected, but I still never thought that they'd get past round one.

I do hope they prove me wrong, yet again!

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
While I see your point, they haven't looked to me like a playoff team all season. I admit they've looked and performed better than I expected, but I still never thought that they'd get past round one.

I do hope they prove me wrong, yet again!
I would like to see them get past round 1 but this is a year of transition so never thought they would get the cup. I would (of course) love it if they did!

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I would like to see them get past round 1 but this is a year of transition so never thought they would get the cup. I would (of course) love it if they did!
They don't win a round this season it was a colossal failure. Regardless of what the expectation where going into the season. That's not where we are now.

Their current record and goaltending should be enough to expect a one round win.

Everyone wants to talk about how great certain players are then let's see it into the playoffs as well, why not?

bruinsfan1970

Global Moderator
After watching last nights game I have come to terms with the fact that I won't get upset when the Bruins lose. Why?? Because I honestly don't think this team gets past the first round. I will just sit back and watch the games. Last nights game I saw too many mistakes, when do these guys learn. I do not like the pulling the goalie versus a team that continues to strip that team of the puck throughout the whole game and last night it backfired with the Rangers getting 2 EN goals.

Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I mean you are supposed to beat Ottawa no? 0-3 vs a team you may have to get through for a cup though would cause some worthwhile conversation IMO.

There are few teams in the league that can't beat you on any given day. But more to the point, Bruins win, threads are small. They lose and the threads blow up. Make of that what you will.

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
I finally decided to join the discussion board. Been a die hard Bruins fan since 1968 when I was 5 years old and watching Toronto play Boston with my Leaf loving parents. All I remember hearing was this guy named Bobby Orr and right then and there I became a fan of the Bruins. Some great seasons along the way but also a lot of disappointment, but once you become a fan of this team it gets in your blood and you can never become a fan of any other team.
Team gets in your mind too ;)

SwayHeyKid

Living by faith, not by sight.
Mar 14, 2022
There are few teams that in the league that can't beat you on any given day. But more to the point, Bruins win, threads are small. They lose and the threads blow up. Make of that what you will.
Yeah I understand the negativity angle on it but not every game is equal, added to the fact they are basically supposed to beat 90 pct of the league on a regular basis I think Swaymans play is a big trigger today. People do relish being negative though so I get your point

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Yeah I understand the negativity angle on it but not every game is equal, added to the fact they are basically supposed to beat 90 pct of the league on a regular basis I think Swaymans play is a big trigger today. People do relish being negative though so I get your point

I was not really aiming that at you, but I do find it amusing that if anyone points out that the Bruins are top in points in the league, and have a winning record against teams currently in the playoff structure they get told by the P&M Brigade that the regular season doesn't matter- it's all about the playoffs. Then they lose in the regular season and the same people use that as confirmation that they won't win in the playoffs even though regular season games don't matter. Which is it, fellas? :laugh:

As far as Sway's play, it's not been great lately, but at the same time, the team was just off last night and he got left hanging out to dry several times. He let in three, not six or seven. But I get the concern given that the team in front of him is not a total wagon and they need better than expected goaltending on many nights.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I was not really aiming that at you, but I do find it amusing that if anyone points out that the Bruins are top in points in the league, and have a winning record against teams currently in the playoff structure they get told by the P&M Brigade that the regular season doesn't matter- it's all about the playoffs. Then they lose in the regular season and the same people use that as confirmation that they won't win in the playoffs even though regular season games don't matter. Which is it, fellas? :laugh:

As far as Sway's play, it's not been great lately, but at the same time, the team was just off last night and he got left hanging out to dry several times. He let in three, not six or seven. But I get the concern given that the team in front of him is not a total wagon and they need better than expected goaltending on many nights.
Cognitive dissonance!

Reactions: Dr Hook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad