GDT: Game #70: Kracken vs Coyotes - 7:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, CoyotesCentral

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Probably a top 5 goal scored in the past 5 years for me. That was so damn good. What a pass by Cooley to get Guenther there. Guenther is something else.

Tuned in for the OT. Keller was on one, damn. He has looked like a man reborn lately making his case for the captaincy next season.

Cooley and Guenther are already good and will be GREAT
That's the way top ten picks should play like. We have gotten use to the Hayton's and Soderstrom's of the world.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
I was so happy for all the Seattle fans at the Mullet last night. Love seeing them get defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Serves em right !

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
1711203097308.png

Glad for the win...I guess. But like clock work...every year...out of the playoffs now bring on the irrelevant points to screw up the draft.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
Couple things from last nights game

What is up with Lawson Crouse? I know he is a big guy, but he seems so slow and uncompetitive to me.

Also, Maccelli - nothing like the early season Mattias. Last night he made a number of egregious turnovers, and wasn’t much of an offensive threat.

Finally, I think that Coach AT is getting back at Todd Walsh and the rest of em by sending Veggie ( God bless Veggie), who’s grasp of the English language isnt great, out for the post game interview. Hilarious !

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Couple things from last nights game

What is up with Lawson Crouse? I know he is a big guy, but he seems so slow and uncompetitive to me.

Also, Maccelli - nothing like the early season Mattias. Last night he made a number of egregious turnovers, and wasn’t much of an offensive threat.

Finally, I think that Coach AT is getting back at Todd Walsh and the rest of em by sending Veggie ( God bless Veggie), who’s grasp of the English language isnt great, out for the post game interview. Hilarious !
He only got 11:24 of TOI. LOB had 11:12.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Yeah Maccelli needs a boost. Seems like Crouse really helped with his production. But I do like Crouse on that line with Cooley (even if I think he could be playing better).

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
That's the way top ten picks should play like. We have gotten use to the Hayton's and Soderstrom's of the world.
In fairness to Soderstrom he was picked 11 lmao

But I agree. My immediate reaction to the Hayton pick was we’d have a 30 point 3rd line center in 2025. Guess I wasn’t far off. And Soderstrom has just never been impressive. It sucks because Chayka did have some nice picks in Keller, chychrun, maccelli, and potentially Raty, but the list drops off real quick and fumbling those two really strong 1st rounds in a row is one of the reasons we’re in this rebuild right now.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023

But I agree. My immediate reaction to the Hayton pick was we’d have a 30 point 3rd line center in 2025. Guess I wasn’t far off. And Soderstrom has just never been impressive. It sucks because Chayka did have some nice picks in Keller, chychrun, maccelli, and potentially Raty, but the list drops off real quick and fumbling those two really strong 1st rounds in a row is one of the reasons we’re in this rebuild right now.
It can not be understated how bad of a GM Chayka was and how much he hurt this franchise but...at least he was young :rolleyes:

Reactions: Vinny Boombatz

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
Sorry, I should have been more specific and said you and Cobra.
LOL and I don't know about Cobra, but sometimes picks just don't work out. That doesn't mean we need to bag on 'em endlessly.
Aren't you the one always stating the draft is a crap shoot? ;)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
LOL and I don't know about Cobra, but sometimes picks just don't work out. That doesn't mean we need to bag on 'em endlessly.
Aren't you the one always stating the draft is a crap shoot? ;)
I know I bag on Hayton endlessly and I shouldn't, but at the same time you and Cobra praise him endlessly. In my opinion, we have to put Hayton in a position to succeed, and that is probably third line C. There he could become a very valuable player for us.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
I know I bag on Hayton endlessly and I shouldn't, but at the same time you and Cobra praise him endlessly. In my opinion, we have to put Hayton in a position to succeed, and that is probably third line C. There he could become a very valuable player for us.
Cooley
Geekie
Hayton
McBain

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I give credit where credit is due. The kid performs exactly as I've said he does and any credit given has been earned.
Perhaps you should stick to your above opinion and forgo the abuse, you could be agreed with.

Cooley
Geekie
Hayton
McBain
I hate this kind of shit and normally wouldn't comment, but....
Cooley is not currently a #1.
Geekie, we have no idea where he'll fit in at this point.

Reactions: TheLegend

cobra427

May 6, 2012
We all know Hayton isn't a 1C, but he is still likely our best C today.

cobra427

May 6, 2012

Most folks on this board, excluding me, were enamored with Chayka at the time. Most folks are enamored with BA right now, lets see how it turns out. In spite of BA taking too long to start the tear down/trade OEL/Chych/etc, he comes from an experienced organization that built the Blues into a consistent playoff team. BA has a much better long term chance of success than Chayka.

The question is, are we playing in a new arena in Arizona before we make the playoffs or do we make the playoffs while still at ASU?

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
We all know Hayton isn't a 1C, but he is still likely our best C today.
Toss up between him and Bjustad for me. Nick may have been #1 C earlier, but pairing him with Maccelli and Crouse was no doubt more productive, than that line would have been with Hayton at C.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Most folks didn't want Chayka trading away 1st round picks when the team stunk. I believe that everyone knows the current strategy is the best one we've had. Build through the draft and get the best scouting dept on paper that there is.

I have much more confidence in this scouting staff than anything we've had previously. The current crop of prospects is without a doubt the best we've ever had.

I can get behind the "slow & methodical" method, I just wish BA would revamp the D so that we're not playing with the worst D roster on paper. Go out and get some free agents that are actually quality D rather than reclamation projects or guys on the cheap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad