Status
Not open for further replies.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Not all of them on Gus though, he's had minimal help from his defensemen
Oh absolutely. But he's also not Superman, and his confidence is taking a hit. Neither goalie is gonna get any help from the mess on the backend. Could get really ugly.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Didn’t watch due to sleep, but seems like we need a good defenseman.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Haven't I been saying this for a while? Spurge, Brodin are goos defensemen but the Wild need someone like Pietro or Doughty
The last thing we need is aging Dmen signed long term for 9 and 11M respectively. LA, in particular, would be thrilled to dump Doughty.

We are NOT going to be Cup contenders this, or next year. There is no reason, or money, to buy aging FA's. I have accepted that. What pisses me off is that re-signings of aging, mediocre at best players like Foligno. It makes no sense, and makes me doubt Guerin's competency.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
The one good thing to come out of this shitshow of a game was that Dean for the first time in eternity benched a player and scrambled the lines to start the third.
And he got results out of it. Until Kap did that horrible turnover/give away at the offensive blueline. At that point he rolled 4 lines as usual and I think that was the smart play considering they got a game today and needed to rest the players.
So thats my positive take of a horrible game. Maybe he tries that idea in the future, now that he saw some good things happen. But I keep my shirt on, knowing how he operates.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
The one good thing to come out of this shitshow of a game was that Dean for the first time in eternity benched a player and scrambled the lines to start the third.
And he got results out of it. Until Kap did that horrible turnover/give away at the offensive blueline. At that point he rolled 4 lines as usual and I think that was the smart play considering they got a game today and needed to rest the players.
So thats my positive take of a horrible game. Maybe he tries that idea in the future, now that he saw some good things happen. But I keep my shirt on, knowing how he operates.
What I thought was crazy was that immediately after that turnover Dean put the Kaprizov - Hartman - Zuccarello line back together. I remember one of the broadcasters saying, I paraphrase, "is this a punishment or wake up call for Kaprizov?" and I just laughed. Yes, getting put back on the 1st line is a real punishment. More likely Dean got scared off of experimenting by a single bad result after two good results.

But I too hope he breaks out of his little boxes he puts himself in.

• Haha
Reactions: Sweetnut

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I don't think I saw Khaira again until after Philly's 5th goal, but yes, probably had to be done with a game tonight.

Sweetnut

Sponsor
Mar 19, 2023
I don't think I saw Khaira again until after Philly's 5th goal, but yes, probably had to be done with a game tonight.
Yes after the 5th he played 3 more shifts. Good on Dean to try something different for once.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Way too early to overreact but yikes.....there haven't been very many loses that bad over the last couple years. Something about this version feels off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad