Pre-Game Talk: Game 7: JUST WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I am very very proud of this team, and they have proved even myself, ever the optimist, that they had game in them I never thought they had.

I am very optimistic about Game 7 - the Leafs have shown that our biggest advantage is speed and "jump" in the 2nd and 3rd periods as the game wears on, and in a back to back game, this bodes well. BUT, and it's a big but, my optimism is tempered by the fact that in a must-win game (which we haven't seen yet from the Bruins), they are, historically, fierce.

Reimer I now have no doubt will play solid - he's literally gotten better and better each game. And we clearly need his A game again.
The top line needs to fly again.
And, we need to once again show that awesome team defence resolve that we had tonight.
On top of that, we need a couple of great "unsung hero" individual efforts . . . and it doesn't matter who it comes from, or which former goat redeems himself - but we'll need it.

It's gonna be fun no matter what, but boy what a gas it'll be if we win . . .

GO LEAFS GO

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
Statement from Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli:

"Late during tonight's game we were made aware that there was a malfunction with our airplane. As a result we are staying in Toronto on Sunday night and the team will travel to Boston on Monday morning."

!!!!!!!!!!!
They have to fly and play the same day!

sommervr

Feb 25, 2013
It would be a terrible thing if the Bruins couldn't get a good nights sleep because someone pulled a fire alarm

Last edited:

Igy

Mar 3, 2011

"Late during tonight's game we were made aware that there was a malfunction with our airplane. As a result we are staying in Toronto on Sunday night and the team will travel to Boston on Monday morning."

!!!!!!!!!!!

This smells of Leo Komarov.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008

!!!!!!!!!!!

"Fatigue will make a coward of us all."

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
Oh man, watching this series was easy when I had no expectations. Now it's all changed! Don't give them an inch tomorrow and go for the jugular while they may be second guessing themselves. No mistakes, no turnovers.
!!!!!GO LEAFS GO!!!!!

GilmourClarkScores

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Damn. First time in years I book a trip and I'm away for a Game freaking 7. Any advice for someone down in Florida to stream the game? I Think
I got lucky tonight on NBC since there was no other US matchups.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Couldn't be more proud, every single leaf stepped up tonight in a big way. With Bozak out everyone was killing penalties, protecting the lead...just doing everything this is the perfect playoff experience and we ain't done yet! Go give 'em hell tomorrow, GO LEAFS GO!:yo:

Even Clarke MacArthur was playing like a big hitter tonight...

Kibago

Aug 15, 2010
Damn. First time in years I book a trip and I'm away for a Game freaking 7. Any advice for someone down in Florida to stream the game? I Think
I got lucky tonight on NBC since there was no other US matchups.

ESPN says it's on CNBC nationally.

Byefooglien

Siberia West
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I've hated you guys for the past two years with a passion, but with the realignment upcoming and us going out west, I haven't been able to harbor anything but fierce support throughout these playoffs.

The Leafs remind me of the 09-10 Habs with their resilience in this series, make Canada proud tomorrow boys! :yo:

White Pine

May 26, 2011
upper ottawa valley
On one hand, the Leafs seemed to lose pressure games for the last few years, like game 1 and 3, against Montreal, the 5-0 stinker on Mats Sundin Night.

On the other hand, that's starting to changed. They won games down the stretch and clinched the playoffs. They won game five, and, more importantly, game 6. This year, the "biggest game of the year" doesn't sound like a curse anymore. I'm not saying we'll win game 7, but this team is clearly capable of doing so, and they've proved this series that they've got heart and will give it everything they have. They burned the boats.

I'll be a happy camper with a Leaf win, but I'll be happy regardless.

I finally got to see an X beside "Toronto".
I finally got to see a Leafs playoff video.
Finally got to see the Leafs in CBC playoff Montages, and will again after the final
Finally got to be depressed after a playoff OT loss.
Finally got to see a playoff win, and a home one to boot.
Finally saw the car flags.
Finally see people just as decked out in Leafs stuff as the Habs and Sens fans on the street.

All the little things.

The Playoffs came back!

stish

So is flying on the same day of a game really that much harder? Anyone have personal experience with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad