GDT: Game 7: Ducks vs King Louis XVI (French Revolution Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

1manband

Mar 28, 2008
England
im amazed!!!! I cannot believe they wont be looking at it!!! this league has once again shown its self to be an absolute joke. The stanley cup champs are the most undeserving ever!! Hazy mentioned during the broadcast that they were able to draw lots of calls in the playoffs, its absolutely disgusting the way the dive and throw their heads back, its pathetic!!!!!!!!!

As for any repercussions, I hope that there is a measured and deserved response!!!
I wish we had a GM with a backbone too! who might actually call BS on the league on this one!! Utter joke

Nikko*

Look at that tweet link, now look at the comments from that Kings fan. He exemplifies that fan base as far as hockey knowledge and general class go.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Speechless. I guess pulling a guy back then slamming him into the boards head first is cool in this league. The sad part is that if this occurred in Tor, NY, Montreal or any of "large" markets, there would be public outcry. This league is a joke when it comes to preferential treatment.

If that happened to Crosby, Stoll would have been suspended for numerous games. Sad state of affairs NHL.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
If the league won't do anything then Staubitz/someone else sure as hell needs to. Someone needs to take a run at Doughty as losing Stoll is no big loss for the Kings.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
This is how much the league cares about us.
BCM4GRSCIAAR5Je.jpg:large

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
If the league won't do anything then Staubitz/someone else sure as hell needs to. Someone needs to take a run at Doughty as losing Stoll is no big loss for the Kings.

This^

They have done this for far too long for it to be accidental.
I said this during the playoffs last season. The queens would have one of their scrubs run the best player on the opposing team, taking them out of the game....and viola, they "steamroll" the other team. The NHL has given them a "free pass" to run players with impunity, so it's up to the aggrieved team to take matters into their own hands. Old time hockey's "unwritten" rules, were you run our skill, we run yours. Stoll should watch as doughy, zombie, or semi-quick get the exact same treatment in return...knowing full well it's his fault it's occurring.
We also need an owner, and GM willing to eat a fine, by calling out ( in the media ) why we felt we had to do what we did. Let the paper trail show how the NHL favored one teams stars over another's.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Boudreau probably doesn't want this to happen, so it probably won't. I'll bet my new Duck snap-back that none of our enforcers get dressed for the next Kings-Ducks tilt.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There likely won't be a 4th line of low talent players exactly because of the way last night played out. LA's 4th line was -3. Anaheim's 4th line was even or +1, despite a frighteningly large number of shifts against the Kopitar line. BB wants a team where he can just roll 4 lines and not have too many matchup worries. Unless they find an enforcer that can do that without being a handicap, it's not too likely we see them too much.

rollingdux

Jun 2, 2012
So Cal
twitter.com
There was a possibility of him returning last night. So I hope that means they made the decision to keep him out for precautionary reasons. Take the next day off and see how he feels Monday.

If he needs time, that's fine. Don't need to rush.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'm going to be a very bitter monkey if DSP plays over Staubitz next time we play the Kings.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
This is how much the league cares about us.
BCM4GRSCIAAR5Je.jpg:large

OMG! He's been in our system for how long and he's still considered a "chark"?

As for the Stoll business, I don't know how Shanny misses the pull and then slam. Stoll isn't a young player that couldn't control his actions. Stoll's actions were very direct.

A day off and more time for Vatenen to practing not getting outworked or getting in such situations. Does anyone think that once Lindholm gets the okay to play that Staubitz or DSP will be sent down in favor of carrying 8 defensemen. Considering that notion that BB wants his veterans to have days off. So rotating in Vatanen and Lindholm could prove useful in a shortened season with lots of games where the end game is to be healthy for the playoffs.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
just watched the stuart and landeskog hit. imo we really needed someone to step up and just completely obliterate stoll. take the 2 minute extra penalty but its worth it to send a message.

i have no problem with someone going after the opposing player that hits a star forward because that message has to be sent. you come after our stars and you're going to pay.. what we told the kings was you can be dirty with our stars and we'll just do nothing about it...

times like that we really needed an enforcer....

Nikko*

This^

They have done this for far too long for it to be accidental.
I said this during the playoffs last season. The queens would have one of their scrubs run the best player on the opposing team, taking them out of the game....and viola, they "steamroll" the other team. The NHL has given them a "free pass" to run players with impunity, so it's up to the aggrieved team to take matters into their own hands. Old time hockey's "unwritten" rules, were you run our skill, we run yours. Stoll should watch as doughy, zombie, or semi-quick get the exact same treatment in return...knowing full well it's his fault it's occurring.
We also need an owner, and GM willing to eat a fine, by calling out ( in the media ) why we felt we had to do what we did. Let the paper trail show how the NHL favored one teams stars over another's.

Truer words never spoken. Attitude reflects "leadership" aka that **** Dustin Brown.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I believe the reason the league did nothing to Stoll was because Fowler started losing his balance and Stoll was given the benefit of the doubt. Not saying it's right, just trying to understand the league's decision.

I would have no problem bringing up PL3 and turning him loose on Doughty. I'd even pay any fine and find a way to make up his lost pay for any suspension. But PL3 is who we need to unleash, not just have Staubitz fight somebody.

Nikko*

I didn't see Fowler start to lose balance and he was square to the boards for a few seconds before the hit. Inexcusable. Next game will be interesting.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
I don't think you'll see anything crazy happen in the next game.

Honestly, I blame Stoll for the hit, but Brad Watson is the real culprit here. His crew was also in charge during the Nucks game, right?

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009

Look familiar?:shakehead

wow. that looks even worse than the fowler one.. its digusting that no one's done anything about it.. he keeps getting free passes because no one ever sends a message to him after... thats weak by the sharks team and by our own last night

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Has anyone ever been suspended for a questionable call against a duck player, i dont recall one.. but i could be wrong.

I know we have
Perry got 4 games(i think) for elbow on giroux
Ryan got 2 playof games for the stomp
Pronger got 2 playoff games 1 in 2 diffrent series.
Pronger also got 8 games for the kessler stomp
May got 3 games in 07 series
Wisniewski got 8 games in 2010 for the seabrook hit

I dont recall anyone getting suspended against the ducks o_O does the league really not like us? Perry has takin some pretty harsh cheap shots, this is the 2nd time someones slammed fowlers head into the boards. I just dont get it, if the refs/league wont protect our stars/players then maybe we should add some goons to our line up to protect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad