GDT: Game 7: Ducks vs King Louis XVI (French Revolution Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyMatt

Aug 16, 2004
I know you're probably being facetious, but being way too excited after watching this game to sleep, I decided to check. The answer is yes:

Before this season we did it 3 times in 95-96 (in a 10-game span no less), twice in 96-97, twice in 99-00, twice in 08-09, and three times in 09-10.

Before this season we had scored 7 goals 16 times, and 8 goals twice.

Damn skippy nice work

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
I like how much scoring depth the Ducks have right now. Every line can and has scored, opposing teams really need to be careful when there are so many threats. Still, there's room for adjustments:

Etem-Getzlaf-Perry
Palmieri-Ryan-Selänne
Winnik-Koivu-Cogliano
Beleskey-Bonino-Rakell/Holland/McMillan
Staubitz

I'm still expecting more out of the 1st, especially Perry. Also trying Etem there wouldn't be a bad idea. If Ryan is going to play center, he needs to start taking more of those faceoffs. Or should they put Selänne in the middle to take those faceoffs? DSP needs to be sent down like everyone is saying, let Holland play as a winger. Giving Rakell an NHL spot right away worries me because what if he ends up like DSP is right now? Too much too soon. I know that Rakell has a good head on his shoulders but you never know...

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I know you're probably being facetious, but being way too excited after watching this game to sleep, I decided to check. The answer is yes:

Before this season we did it 3 times in 95-96 (in a 10-game span no less), twice in 96-97, twice in 99-00, twice in 08-09, and three times in 09-10.

Before this season we had scored 7 goals 16 times, and 8 goals twice.

I wasn't actually, and I remember maybe two of those games. Three times in 09? That wasn't even that long ago.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011
I don't think we've seen an Etem-Bonino-Rakell line yet, either. That could end up being a pretty nice trio, imo, if Rakell sticks around.

With this change to the second line, I dont think you will see Rakell stick around unless there is a trade.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Thought we got outplayed for long stretches and timely goal scoring for saved us. Really didn't like Allen or sbidas game. Fowler looked just ok before getting hurt

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Damn skippy nice work

Thanks. That's what a late night shot of a adrenaline and gross store-brand soda will do for you.

I wasn't actually, and I remember maybe two of those games. Three times in 09? That wasn't even that long ago.

Yeah, I was pretty surprised at the overall total. The thing is, there were like 6 straight years in there where we didn't do it even once, which probably made it seem more rare than it was on average.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
With this change to the second line, I dont think you will see Rakell stick around unless there is a trade.
Potential moves i could see us doing

-Moving cogliano(maybe 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft) , rakell seems like he could take over that spot on the 3rd line, less cap hit, rakell would get some valuable schooling from koivu/winnick.

-Something to improve our lw situation on our top line, belesky just isnt ideal, but even then i feel like etem/palmeiri could feel that roll just fine. Not sure whats really out there, or what wed be lookin for ideally.

- Potentially a 2c, but im comfortable with ryan at that spot.

- I wouldnt mind trading allen(i know its early) and trying to find an improvement for that big body guy on our team, someone that can work well with fowler, and keep the front of the net clear. Ideally a RH-D...

Im pretty comfortable with the team as a whole right now, and would only like a few minor tweaks here or there, also depends what happens with perry.

quentez

#8 Teemu Legend
Apr 2, 2011
Trondheim, Norway
I wouldn't want to move Cogliano now. His speed is important for that line on the forecheck, and when the team has the puck his ability to skate often free up a lot of room for both Koivu and Winnik. And it would be plain stupid to break up the one line that has been consistently awesome since day one of the season.

For me, Beleskey and DSP stands out as the main question marks. Beleskey should probably play on the 4th line, and DSP in Norfolk.

The current defence pairings seems to work quite well, but Allen is a borderline liability with the puck in his own zone. 3 giveaways vs Sharks, 2 giveaways vs Preds, 2 giveaways last night. And he draws utter stupid penalties.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Potential moves i could see us doing

-Moving cogliano(maybe 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft) , rakell seems like he could take over that spot on the 3rd line, less cap hit, rakell would get some valuable schooling from koivu/winnick.

-Something to improve our lw situation on our top line, belesky just isnt ideal, but even then i feel like etem/palmeiri could feel that roll just fine. Not sure whats really out there, or what wed be lookin for ideally.

- Potentially a 2c, but im comfortable with ryan at that spot.

- I wouldnt mind trading allen(i know its early) and trying to find an improvement for that big body guy on our team, someone that can work well with fowler, and keep the front of the net clear. Ideally a RH-D...

Im pretty comfortable with the team as a whole right now, and would only like a few minor tweaks here or there, also depends what happens with perry.

What? Why would we move Cogliano now that he's found a role and has been playing well? Putting Rakkel there makes even less sense. I personally wouldn't mind seeing him at wing but apparently BB doesn't like that idea sense he hasn't been played there one game. Trading Cogs so Rakkel can have his spot doesn't make any sense based on how this season has gone so far.

I personally would rather see Allen traded than Lydman if one was to be moved, but it won't happen until Fowler is healed. I also started to rethink moving Allen after this past game. We need more toughness in our lineup IMO and removing Allen is not the way to go about it. Maybe if we add more toughness in the lineup first.

Potential moves I see:

-Rakkel sent down. Bones is a good 4th line center for this team.

-DSP sent down in favor of Maroon. That adds some toughness to our lineup at least. Plus DSP has sucked. It won't happen immediately because the 4th line produced 2 goals, although DSP should still be sent down IMO.

-Lydman traded. It won't happen until almost the deadline IMO but I think he's the one that will be dealt eventually, not saying I agree with it either.

-an upgrade to the top six will and needs to happen. The team will give Ryan a few more games at center before they decide if he's answer there long term. If he does well there, only glaring weakness in the lineup is top LW.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue
Winnik came here to play with Cogs. Do we really want to tank his morale by trading away his BFF, and reason for signing with us??

Seems smart

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Winnik came here to play with Cogs. Do we really want to tank his morale by trading away his BFF, and reason for signing with us??

Seems smart

Didnt even think about it that way.

But ya allen looks so sketch with the puck, i like his size and toughness and hitting ability.... but idk i feel we could find a better option to play with fowler at the deadline.

If we dont move etem to top line, who would you guys potentially want to look at as far as trades goes, what would be a good fit with perry and getz.

getzforfighting*

its a shame that two real good top line lw options are both in our division (morrow,penner)

la patineuse

Aug 21, 2010
So according to Lisa Dillman, Stoll won't have a hearing. Good job NHL.

via Twitter: No news is news. Just checked this morn in w/NHL re Jarret Stoll/Fowler. Am told there no hearing called from yesterday's game.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Yeah Penner is crap. No thanks.

Morrow would be good option IMO because if for whatever reason he doesn't work on top line, he can still be a good 4th liner. Penner would be irrelevant if he struggled on top line.

Jul 1, 2012
That's ********. Stoll should have gotten atleast 3 games

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
All I can say is, the boys (specially Staubitz) know what to do for the next game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad