GDT: Game #69: Bruins @ Sharks, 7pm, NBCSN

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Conspiracy theorist"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How does that even fit....?

The Sharks are conspiring to play loosey goosey at home?

The fans are conspiring to force the Sharks to play loosey goosey at home?

The Sharks are conspiring to make themselves look loosey goosey at home, only to go beast road mode in the playoffs?

Or.... Aliens? :sarcasm:

You're obviously overthinking what I am (apparently) overthinking. ;)

Thou doth protest too much

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
That's just silly.

It would need to be really, really, cold water.

Jeez.

So we should call this guy right?

200_s.gif

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
The Sharks have won 2 in a row at home? I'm flabbergasted.

Can you imagine if the Sharks had the same win percentage at home as they do on the road? They'd be right up there with Washington. If they had just 3 more home wins at this point, they'd be leading the division.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
The Sharks have won 2 in a row at home? I'm flabbergasted.

Can you imagine if the Sharks had the same win percentage at home as they do on the road? They'd be right up there with Washington. If they had just 3 more home wins at this point, they'd be leading the division.

I blame Stalock. If Reimer or even just not the worst goalie in the NHL for the last 2 years plays instead of him in a few of those games were probably first in the division. Now just waiting to get blasted because "nothing was his fault and the team just played bad D in front of him"

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003
I blame Stalock. If Reimer or even just not the worst goalie in the NHL for the last 2 years plays instead of him in a few of those games were probably first in the division. Now just waiting to get blasted because "nothing was his fault and the team just played bad D in front of him"

Stalock was terrible, but he was consistently terrible at home and on the road (home: 1-2-2 .876 sv%, road: 2-3 .884). Jones' home/away splits differ wildly (home: 12-12-1 .908, road: 22-6-3 .926). It'd be nice if we could dump all of the Sharks home troubles on Stalock, and there are a couple games they probably could have won if he had been better, but he's far from the main reason the Sharks have been bad at home.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
How about really, really, cold water under high pressure?

How about we fill the rink with really, really, cold Carbon Dioxide? Sure the whole place will fill with mist and no one will be able to see, and if anyone falls down their skin will freeze to the ice, but hey!

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
How about we fill the rink with really, really, cold Carbon Dioxide? Sure the whole place will fill with mist and no one will be able to see, and if anyone falls down their skin will freeze to the ice, but hey!

Recreating the fog game between the Sabres and Flyers alone would be worth it.

corbanSOG

Registered Loser
Apr 27, 2003

I'm starting to think this whole "ice" thing is too much of a hassle. Maybe they should just replace the metal blades on their skates with wheels in some sort of "in-line" configuration. Then they could get rid of the ice and play on a flat, dry surface. It'll be revolutionary. We could call it...land hockey.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I'm starting to think this whole "ice" thing is too much of a hassle. Maybe they should just replace the metal blades on their skates with wheels in some sort of "in-line" configuration. Then they could get rid of the ice and play on a flat, dry surface. It'll be revolutionary. We could call it...land hockey.

Even easier, they could just run around in their shoes and we'll call it... Shoe Hockey

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
my vote is for socks on a waxed floor.

Haha, holy crap that would make an awesome viral video. As long as everyone was all serious while sliding around in their socks like they are on skates.

Reminds me of those old "What if you had to do your job on ice?" videos from like a decade ago, those were great.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Stalock was terrible, but he was consistently terrible at home and on the road (home: 1-2-2 .876 sv%, road: 2-3 .884). Jones' home/away splits differ wildly (home: 12-12-1 .908, road: 22-6-3 .926). It'd be nice if we could dump all of the Sharks home troubles on Stalock, and there are a couple games they probably could have won if he had been better, but he's far from the main reason the Sharks have been bad at home.

The last two games he started at home were terrible. If I remember correctly.

Senators and Flames were the teams I believe. He was awful in both games and just as bad in the shootout.

At least one terrible goal against the Senators, where he allowed 3 on 17 shots and at least two bad ones against the Flames. He was horrific in the shootout too, but it probably shouldn't have went to the shootout with competent goaltending.

Stalock is not an NHL caliber goaltender, you'll see that when he's playing for an AHL team or Euro team next season. He's already been thrown to the baby Leafs upon arrival in Toronto.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Haha, holy crap that would make an awesome viral video. As long as everyone was all serious while sliding around in their socks like they are on skates.

Reminds me of those old "What if you had to do your job on ice?" videos from like a decade ago, those were great.

:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad