GDT: Game #69: Bruins @ Sharks, 7pm, NBCSN

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
Donskoi needs to practice his shot the entire summer and be our Datsyuk next year.

Or, he can just take Pavelski's hands.

And Burn's strength.

And Hertl's heart.

...and Joe Thornton's face.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Donskoi needs to practice his shot the entire summer and be our Datsyuk next year.

Or, he can just take Pavelski's hands.

And Burn's strength.

And Hertl's heart.

...and Joe Thornton's face.

Thornton's ... rooster.:sarcasm:

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
SNOG announcement

I'm not sure I like that move. hmmmm:shakehead

SNOG

Sharks 3 (Donskoi, Burns and Thornton)
Bruins 2 (Eriksson and Chara)

Congrats to HOOCH2173 for securing the SNOG via goalscorers against strong competition!

I did not credit Jwec for a win with 3 correct goalscorers, and I'll explain why. He predicted 4 Sharks goalscorers but only should have predicted 3. Since he had one extra "bullet" if you will, and may not have earned all of his goalscorers if he'd only predicted 3, it makes the most sense to remove credit for 1 of his correct goalscorers. That leaves him with 2 correct goalscorers total, which is 1 short.

And as I noted earlier, VP and GM was disqualified for posting after puck drop. This was almost relevant because he had Sharks winning 3-2, as well as 2 correct goalscorers.

SNOG2011-12-06.jpg

First-half SNOG results

Game|SNOG winner|Result
Jan. 14 vs EDM| none | Sharks 2-1 SO
Jan. 16 vs DAL| none | Sharks 4-3 OT
Jan. 18 vs OTT| none | Senators 4-3 SO
Jan. 21 at ARI| Phu | Sharks 3-1
Jan. 24 vs LA| none | Kings 3-2 OT
Jan. 26 vs COL| none | Sharks 6-1
Feb. 2 at ANH| none | Ducks 3-2
Feb. 4 at STL| Futuristic, DefaultSharkie6 | Sharks 3-1
Feb. 6 at NSH| none | Predators 6-2
Feb. 9 at CHI| none | Sharks 2-0
Feb. 11 vs CGY| none | Flames 6-5 SO
Feb. 13 vs ARI| Coy, Jwec | Sharks 4-1
Feb. 16 at TB| Jwec | Sharks 4-2
Feb. 18 at FLA| HOOCH2173, TheJuxtaposer | Sharks 2-1 SO
Feb. 19 at CAR| none | Hurricanes 5-2
Feb. 22 at STL| none | Sharks 6-3
Feb. 24 at COL| none | Avalanche 4-3 SO
Feb. 26 vs BUF| Kcoyote3 | Sabres 3-1
Feb. 28 at VAN| rangerssharks414 | Sharks 4-1
Feb. 29 vs MON| FeedingFrenzy | Sharks 6-2
Mar. 3 at VAN| DuckEatinShark, DrFeelgood | Sharks 3-2
Mar. 5 vs VAN| none | Canucks 4-2
Mar. 7 at CGY| none | Sharks 2-1 OT
Mar. 8 at EDM| OnTheFence | Sharks 3-0
Mar. 10 vs NJ| none | Devils 3-0
Mar. 12 vs WAS| none | Sharks 5-2
Mar. 15 vs BOS| HOOCH2173 | Sharks 3-2

2015-16 Standings
---------------------
T-1) Phu, rangerssharks414 (3)
T-3) DuckEatinShark, Gerbefied*, HOOCH2173, Jwec, Painful Quandary, TheJuxtaposer (2)
T-9) bluefunnel, CanadienShark, casubieowner, Coy, crzymexicanbeer, DefaultSharkie6, DrFeelgood, Eid Ma Clack Shaw, FeedingFrenzy, Futuristic, jakeytown, Kcoyote3, magic school bus, Ser Jorah Mormont, Sleepy, SwolePatrol, The Great John Scott, T0uGh C0oki3, Weastern Bias (1)

*aka Joakim Ryan

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Reimer trade is paying off.

It would have been disappointing if he played well enough to win, but wasn't getting sufficient goal support and the games wound up being losses anyway.

drunksage

lol light beer
Jan 13, 2007
Hendertucky-ish
Donskoi on radio postgame interview:

- [on seemingly having Rask's number] it's always fun to score on a Finnish goalie, they're some of the best in the world
- [on finding a way to come back / not panicking] they didn't have their best game tonight, but it was big points for them, they made some mistakes but there's always 4 other guys backing them up
- [on Reimer] he looks very confident, it's great to play when you can trust your goalie and they have two great goalies now
- [watching the standings?] no, they have to concentrate on [their own play], there's a lot of things they can do better

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Starting reimer was actually low-key savvy
Avoided a big potential distraction (and locker room fodder for boston)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Just got back from the game. Gritty win and a great team effort. Donskoi was awesome tonight, but man that Power Play leaves a lot to be desired. Seemed like all the Boston's quality chances came on the penalty kill and that is concerning. Still, to beat two of the easts top teams is lovely. Keep it going against Arizona.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
funny thing is the PP clicked at 25% tonight which is a great number ;)
Of course it could be argued the SHG is -25% for a net 0.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
That one play sums up the Sharks at home. Thornton makes the safe play on the road every time in that situation. The risque mentality at home is not as sexy as the team wants it to be.

Honestly, you sound like an insane conspiracy theorist. You're overthinking this way too much.

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
I did not credit Jwec for a win with 3 correct goalscorers, and I'll explain why. He predicted 4 Sharks goalscorers but only should have predicted 3. Since he had one extra "bullet" if you will, and may not have earned all of his goalscorers if he'd only predicted 3, it makes the most sense to remove credit for 1 of his correct goalscorers. That leaves him with 2 correct goalscorers total, which is 1 short.

Yeah I accidentally put 4 goalscorers because I was tired and just going to sleep and because I usually put Sharks 4-2 SNOG for some reason I did put four goalscorers for the Sharks this time also. Of course I didn't try to cheat or anything but it is still only fair that I didn't get this SNOG :laugh:

And this was entertaining game and Reimer played well. Bur PP should be more sharp and not give any dangerous opportunities to the team we are going to play against.

DystopianTierney

V^V^V 2050 V^V^V
May 3, 2014
Campbell, CA
Honestly, you sound like an insane conspiracy theorist. You're overthinking this way too much.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

"Conspiracy theorist"

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

How does that even fit....?

The Sharks are conspiring to play loosey goosey at home?

The fans are conspiring to force the Sharks to play loosey goosey at home?

The Sharks are conspiring to make themselves look loosey goosey at home, only to go beast road mode in the playoffs?

Or.... Aliens? :sarcasm:

You're obviously overthinking what I am (apparently) overthinking. ;)

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I demand better ice. Go hire some UC Berkeley/Stanford graduate lab to study the best ice making techniques.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad