GDT: [Game #68] Dallas Stars @ Vancouver Canucks - 9:00 PM CT (BSSW)

serp

Jan 17, 2016
The expected loss , sadly . Murray isn't that good and the team really looks tired. Not to mention somehow the Canucks started a winning streak now that their season is pretty much over.

I mentioned Stars may need a better #3 at the deadline in case Wedgewood still needs more time but what can you do. Don't think anybody worth it the Stars could afford was out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: LT

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
If we can at worst split Edmonton/Calgary to round out the trip with 4 wins....I think it sets us up to still be the 1 seed in the central. Have a comfortable set of games following.

Main question is overusing Jake. Hope wedgewood can return.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Thatcher Demko owns the Stars.
1678878842188.png

Reactions: LT

MBTendy

May 6, 2009
Let’s hope this spells the end of Nils being scratched in favour of Hanley/Miller. Ridiculous that Nils has to deal with this when theres far better options to scratch a dman if needed.

Almost thought about staying up for this game and powering through my morning at work … glad I didn’t lol.

Also i’d imagine we’re more appreciative of Wedge after reading everyone’s critics (and stat watching) about Murray’s performance last night.

Reactions: Elysian and piqued

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Let’s hope this spells the end of Nils being scratched in favour of Hanley/Miller. Ridiculous that Nils has to deal with this when theres far better options to scratch a dman if needed.
Lundkvist was going to remain scratched until the Stars lost or injuries forced DeBoer to play him. That’s the DeBoer rule. He does not make lineup changes after a win. It’s why the Stars winning the first night of a back to back guarantees the same tired 18 skaters the next night.

With the loss last night, Lundkvist can now play again.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
I've been nothing but impressed with Murray since he's become Stars property and last night was no exception. My fear going into the game is that Murray wouldn't be able to finish it, and those 2 quick GAs at the start doubled my doubt, but he settled in and did a great job for the role he fills in the organization.

Reactions: Elysian

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
He had a few amazing stops, which is good. Definitely not ready for consistent NHL play.

Reactions: Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Every goal against wasn't his fault, but he also didn't make any saves to keep them in it. The team in front of him was bad, so this becomes one of those games where you can see why he's not an NHLer while also feeling bad for what he was asked to mop up.
He made some pretty excellent saves in the 2nd.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
Every goal against wasn't his fault, but he also didn't make any saves to keep them in it. The team in front of him was bad, so this becomes one of those games where you can see why he's not an NHLer while also feeling bad for what he was asked to mop up.
Ya judging by the highlights he didn’t have much of a chance . He does look like a very athletic and poised goalie , I will say that . His movements are crisp .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad