GDT: Game 68: Canucks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Kuemper made one huge save with the glove after OEL got knocked the f*** out.

KConn's move in front to the net looked like prime Rick Nash :laugh:

I swear this whole team has some sort of pass on good scoring chances mental block. Keller and Hjalmarsson yesterday, Hamilton just a few minutes ago. They all need to be deprogrammed.

Perlini was clearly put on notice, he has a lot more jump today.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
From what I’m catching on Twitter we’re getting hacked and slashed and no calls.

Only on one specific play I think. Perlini got smacked on the hands 2-3 times and hooked from behind while he was on a partial break. Should have been a call, those little taps to the hands doing damage was exactly the reason for the adjustment in calls.

But otherwise it's been a pretty even flowing game. Coyotes started to look in control as the period went on but couldn't put one in. Shocking I know. Martinook had 2 good opportunities, Panik one, Hamilton one, and KConn one. The most dangerous chance for Vancouver besides the play OEL got knocked down on was early when Horvat cut in front with the puck after a dumb pass by Hjalmarsson. They were pretty quiet after the halfway point.

I didn't think the hit on OEL was as big a deal as Tyson did.

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
From what I’m catching on Twitter we’re getting hacked and slashed and no calls.

Even the Canuck thread mentions it. Seems like the refs don't pity us anymore. Could have changed it to just following the rules, but no. Now it's the other way around.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
What happened with Keller? They talked about it, I didn't get it.

BigDoaner

Jun 2, 2015
Dowd roughed up keller behind the play and apparently was giving him the business waaaayyyy late

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Dowd roughed up keller behind the play and apparently was giving him the business waaaayyyy late

They showed some rerun of it now (well, some minutes ago. Not many breaks as usual.) . Seems to be OK though.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
OEL keeps up giving all his haters the middle finger the right way! :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Power play has looked good tonight. First one, unsuccessful true, but had a few nice redirect attempts.

And then OEL gets one.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Bag on Tyson all you want but he’s dead on that PKers are useless when they lose their stick. Take the 8 seconds and get a new one.

PP looks very hectic tonight, in a good way.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Bag on Tyson all you want but he’s dead on that PKers are useless when they lose their stick. Take the 8 seconds and get a new one.

PP looks very hectic tonight, in a good way.
Just a quick question, never thought about this before now, but is there a rule preventing the bench against throwing a stick on the ice in the direction of the player without a stick?

I could see this being particularly useful on the PK in the other zone, like the situation the Canucks just had, which is why I would definitely understand if there was a rule in place to prevent such an event from happening.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Canucks have started to get better chances since the PP.

Sticky line isn't quite as sticky tonight. They've been playing a lot of minutes, probably a tough ask on the back to back from guys used to playing 14 min to be bumped up to 18-19 the last few. The Panik Stepan Keller line has it working though. Even Dvorak/Perlini had a few good rushes though limited sustained pressure.

Goligoski looks like he hasn't missed any time/practice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad