GDT: Game 68: Canucks @ Coyotes - 6PM - FSAZ

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
See you'd think the one person you'd want involved with odd man rushes is Keller, but he f***ed those up pretty bad :laugh:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Panik with a backhander directly into the pad now.

I swear we need a punk like James Neal who just DGAF.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Holy f*** that last shot jammed between Kuemper's skate blade and the post :eek:

Sticky win though, nice job.

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
Really grinded this one out tonight.

If Raanta has to miss any more time, I'm more then comfortable rolling with Kuemper in the cage for a little while.

Defense looked very good tonight, kept lots of shots to the outside, and any serious chances they had were usually one and done's.

snowthedirtbub

Mar 5, 2012
Uh did the tool bag that took Keller's stick that was obviously meant for the kids in front of him also get Kuempers stick? I can't rewind but it looked like the same area and people.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Congrats to Kuemper. And to OEL. Haters gonna find someone else to hate.

Just don't switch to Keller, cause then I'll really be angry.

Mosby

Ready for Yeti
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Four players in particular I thought played really well:

Connauton - He was all over the ice. He's so much better when not sandbagged by Schenn. A month ago I wanted him on waivers. Then I opened to the idea of retaining him as the 7th D. Now I'm wondering if we make him the 6th D next year and add a new spare (not Schenn).

Goligoski - Just solid. Didn't miss a beat despite the few games off. Really underrated. One of our 5 or 6 best players this season.

Panik - Like KConn, he was everywhere. He meshed really well with Stepan and Keller. Not sure it's a long term thing, but it's a nice little option for where Perlini goes into his slumps (Perlini played well tonight too). Tyson credited Panik's bounce back as a response to his recent healthy scratch, but I don't think that's it. I think like a lot of players this season, he's just got Tocchet's system down pat. There's a learning curve. I said the Colorado game was his best game this year. Not anymore, as his best game is now tonight.

Kuemper - Not a ton of action but there were 5 or 6 pretty difficult saves in the mix. Cool to see him get the shutout. He's cleaned up some things from his last few games. Just steady tonight. He's a big guy and he was moving a little too much before. Just cover the net. Hugged his posts really well tonight.

Last edited:

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ

Connauton - He was all over the ice. He's so much better when not sandbagged by Schenn. A month ago I wanted him on waivers. Then I opened to the idea of retaining him as the 7th D. Now I'm wondering if we make him the 6th D next year and add a new spare (not Schenn).

Goligoski - Just solid. Didn't miss a beat despite the few games off. Really underrated. One of our 5 or 6 best players this season.

Panik - Like KConn, he was everywhere. He meshed really well with Stepan and Keller. Not sure it's a long term thing, but it's a nice little option for where Perlini goes into his slumps (Perlini played well tonight too). Tyson credited Panik's bounce back as a response to his recent healthy scratch, but I don't think that's it. I think like a lot of players this season, he's just got Tocchet's system down pat. There's a learning curve. I said the Colorado game was his best game this year. Not anymore, as his best game is now tonight.

Kuemper - Not a ton of action but there were 5 or 6 pretty difficult saves in the mix. Cool to see him get the shutout. He's cleared up some things from his last few games. Just steady tonight. He's a big guy and he was moving a little too much before. Just cover the net. Hugged his posts really well tonight.

I'd agree with three of them, but I'm still not high on Kuemper's play, and that's after a shutout. His positioning is sound, but there were a lot of unnecessary rebounds. I'd be perfectly happy with Connauton on the third pairing. Schenn may be my least favorite Coyote since the team moved here from Winnipeg.

Keller deserves all the minutes he gets, but he occasionally tries to do too much, and it results in an odd-man rush the other way. That happened three or four times this game, and I'm sure Tocchet noticed it.

Reactions: Yandover

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Kuemper - Not a ton of action but there were 5 or 6 pretty difficult saves in the mix. Cool to see him get the shutout. He's cleaned up some things from his last few games. Just steady tonight. He's a big guy and he was moving a little too much before. Just cover the net. Hugged his posts really well tonight.
I missed the game tonight as we had company from Canada but I'm glad Kuemper looked good.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
My NHL.tv decided to break and won't show any games, so I had to resort to the ol' faithful illegal kind. Oh the irony of it being better quality, too.

edit: KConn almost scores the goal of the year :laugh:
Lol I had the same happen to me when they started the nhltv BS. When I pay for a service I have a weird expectation that it actually f***ing work. It's even worse when illegal means are less hassle, better quality, and more reliable.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
Went to the game tonight. Made the donation to Phoenix Children's Hospital about 2 weeks ago during one of the games. Got 2 tickets in section 205 and a Coyotes mini-stick(y) signed by ConNorris.

I wore my Chipchura jersey and was complemented on it by a random dude on the upper concourse during the first intermission. He said that Chip is his cousin.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
I’ve had NHL.tv for years and I can only remember on 2 occasions where I’ve had any kind of trouble with it. The only time the stream is crappy is when I’m having internet issues, which is on Comcasts end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->