GDT: Game 67: Predators vs Ottawa Senators | 3.29.22 | 7:00p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Mmmmmm, let's have some WINNER PIE! So so sweet, so so good... Mr. McCarron, Mr. Saros...you first.

Was lucky enough to see @adsfan during the first intermission (Welcome to Nashville!) and Abaddon and Mrs. A sat behind Mr. Adz and me at the game. Fun times. It was an...interesting...game but a win's a win, right?

Go Preds!

Aardvarksson

gif spammer
Apr 21, 2017
Nashville
First period had me a little nervous but the Preds found their footing in periods 2/3.

Friend gave me his seats directly behind Saros :amazed:

20220329-214343.jpg

weeze

May 2, 2011
Illinois
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I was expecting a fine for the Granlund elbow since it wasn't penalized in game, the 2 minute minor should have been good enough for that play but I'm sure the league is hyperfocused on him with the way he plays.
Also surprised TJ and BT didn't do the knuckle splash! Would have thought that was almost an automatic.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: I was expecting a fine for the Granlund elbow since it wasn't penalized in game, the 2 minute minor should have been good enough for that play but I'm sure the league is hyperfocused on him with the way he plays.
A guy from Ottawa elbowed Lauzon in the face late in period 1 and it was not called. He roughed the daylights out of that guy while they were in front of the net. They banged back a forth for 30 seconds. The idiots refs could have sent both to the box.

I also saw Davies take a stick to the neck period 3. No call on that. Davies wanted to fight that guy, but an alert linesman got in between them.

I thought that 2 minutes for Jeannot was enough, especially since Ottawa got away with so much in that game.

Just more anti-Preds NHL crap.

Last edited:

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Just want to get him on the books so he'll be a repeat offender in the future.

Yeah, that's the first thing I thought of. They had let some players slide forever under the excuse of no past history. Kronwall was never suspended until 2015 despite numerous questionable hits, but because he had never been suspended before they had to take "no prior history" into account when deciding punishment. Tom Wilson was the same way for a while, but now he's piling up the suspensions.

IDK if this is a sign that the NHL is learning, they see Jeannot as a guy who plays with an edge and maybe this was a chance to start a file on him just in case... I could applaud the effort, but it would suck if it just happens to be the Preds to get dinged first when they start deciding to do the right thing, especially because I've watched at least three other kneeing incidents this season alone that were worse than Jeannot and didn't get any punishment.

But like I've said before, this is what you get when you put Brendan Shanahan in charge of punishment and then transition into George Parros. The league and PA need to agree on a third party panel of legal and medical experts to head up player safety rather than ex-NHL tough guys. Of course that requires the players to not be short sighted and stop voting for punishment agreements that are against their best interest.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I remember being surprised last night that they called it a trip and not kneeing when it looked like he stuck his knee out once it was clear he was going to miss the hit. That's a play that can pretty easily end a season/career if it goes wrong so I don't mind them fining people for doing it. Can't find a replay to watch it again so maybe I'm misremembering it wasn't actually all that bad though. The consistency with DOPS is still always a problem though because I'm sure they've let similar hits slide when they weren't against a star player like Tkachuck

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Which is stupid. If all you could come up with was a 2k fine it wasn't bad enough to be considered a first offense to start with. NHL discipline has always been a joke.
2k is the max fine under the CBA.

That said, I didn't see the incident and can't find any replays of it... what the heck internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad