GDT: Game 67: Predators vs Ottawa Senators | 3.29.22 | 7:00p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Refs aren't innately bad. They can be, but they are going to make mistakes calling a fast-paced game where they can only pick up what they see (or think they see) with their own eyes. We have the benefit of 5 different camera angles with slow motion replays. Everything is going to look bad to us.

Don't put ourselves in a position to have a bad call go against us. Don't get sticks into hands/skates, don't reach when a guy's getting past you, don't get sticks near other guys' heads, don't get caught with your free hand on the other guy. It isn't very complicated, even if our guys can't seem to grasp it.

Ref blaming should be reserved for actual awful, game-changing, how could you possibly have called it that way type stuff. Duchene's off-side goal, etc... Otherwise it's a really tired fan excuse. EVERYBODY deals with these kinds of calls, and teams that get penalized more frequently tend to get these "bad" calls against them more frequently.
Ugh nobody is blaming refs, they’re the most penalized team in the league, I’ve had zero issue calling out their stupidity in the past.

It’s not an all or nothing proposition, bad calls can be referred to as such without it being “ref blaming” , especially with all that flopping going on out there that is a huge basis for a few of the calls.

I’ll spare us all and drop this convo for now :laugh:

Reactions: Legionnaire11

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Regardless of what happens, you can always rely on this team to not be cry babies and go out and respond in the best way by scoring.

McCarron has really shut me up after I really did not like how he played in his initial call-up.

You

Jul 1, 2010
Looks like 3 that have been called on us

Well, 2, the one on Kunin wasn't even close to a penalty

Reactions: Legionnaire11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad