GDT: Game 67: New Jersey @ San Jose 7:30pm PST SAP Center

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
marleau needs to figure his **** out pronto. he's a flat out liability right now.

Not trying to troll, but have you ever seen your team get shut out and thought "Well hey that was still exciting!"..?

Actually yes, the team plays uptempo and has been involved in low scoring or shutout games that were high tempo.

Bowie22

blow it up
Jul 20, 2012
Santa Clara, CA
Wouldn't mind a Marlol trade tbh, but that was never a real possibility to begin with...

Watch this backup give up like 6 goals on 20 shots next game. I'll be so shocked...

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
I stopped watching after 2 periods. It was real clear what was going to happen. This team has zero interest in actually passing the Kings or Ducks and that kind of pacifism is going to spell another early playoffs exit. Pitiful effort, what a joke.

Why is it every time we lose its gonna be an early playoff exit.

We were all over them. Falling on kinkaid crashing the net.

This isn't the game is say they lacked effort in.

BaileyMacTavish

Hockey lovin' wolf
Nov 8, 2010
San Jose
So.... how in the hell did Kinkaid blank us when he gave up 6 goals prior? This team makes back ups look like Vezina winners. Its ridiculous

Teams like this are what we should be getting 2 points, but we got blanked. Jeez

zombie kopitar

custom title
Jul 3, 2009
Best Coast
marleau needs to figure his **** out pronto. he's a flat out liability right now.

Actually yes, the team plays uptempo and has been involved in low scoring or shutout games that were high tempo.

+1 Low scoring games are fine if it's a good tempo, this one however was in limbo the whole time.

But not taking away from the Devils, they did what they had to do.
I just should have stuck with the Cavs-Lakers game lol

uhh sure I mean they entered their zone and all that....but there were very few actual scoring chances. And every one was executed like dog poo (Burns open net on the pp, Nieto 3 on 1)

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Not trying to troll, but have you ever seen your team get shut out and thought "Well hey that was still exciting!"..?

Maybe once or twice. If you have good scoring chances but the other goalie was incredible than its still an exciting game. This game had none of that. No sustained pressure, not urgency, and honestly I turned it to something else for the third period or else watching that probably would have cured insomnia.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007

Effort probably isn't exactly the right word, they were skating mostly, but it's like everytime a team decides to go into a defensive shell the Sharks lose their godamn minds. They quit playing defense, totally, they refuse to do anything but play the perimeter... We make backup goalies look like vezina winners because teams play stingy in front of their crappy backup goalies and the Sharks absolutely suck at breaking through stingy defense. Guess what happens in the playoffs? Teams get stingy.

Also Marleau should be ashamed of his play lately and Ward is worse than useless

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I stopped watching after 2 periods. It was real clear what was going to happen. This team has zero interest in actually passing the Kings or Ducks and that kind of pacifism is going to spell another early playoffs exit. Pitiful effort, what a joke.

Nah son it's all on purpose. They wanna play both the Kings and the Ducks this post season. Preferably both at the same time. Also apparently they play better on the road so why not be the lower seed? :laugh:

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I hope that legitimately is the issue and not just an excuse. But man, they have had almost the whole season to look in to it...

It's the Barracuda. That was a stupid, stupid, idea to have them both play in the same arena which already had terrible ice. They need to move them to their own stadium somewhere, this can't continue.

The awful ice is contributing to our horrific home record, mainly because it allows teams to beat us by playing boring defensive shell hockey and the Sharks skill players are neutralized. Whoever's idea this whole thing was should be fired.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Effort probably isn't exactly the right word, they were skating mostly, but it's like everytime a team decides to go into a defensive shell the Sharks lose their godamn minds. They quit playing defense, totally, they refuse to do anything but play the perimeter... We make backup goalies look like vezina winners because teams play stingy in front of their crappy backup goalies and the Sharks absolutely suck at breaking through stingy defense. Guess what happens in the playoffs? Teams get stingy.

Also Marleau should be ashamed of his play lately and Ward is worse than useless

I thought that the Sharks were getting to the net a little and driving the play properly. Part of that is because it is easy to do against NJ's D, but little victories and everything.

I would have liked it if they had tried going high on Kinkaid, or use a bit more of the open space NJ was ceding.

For another player who had a bad game...Matt Nieto.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I'm no ice expert, but I can definitely tell when it's the PO's because the tank is cold. I've noticed it like that maybe a couple times this year. Seems like a money thing to me. Not something they should be cheaping out on especially with the Cuda sharing the ice.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Not to be used as an excuse, but it seems like the puck bounces an awful lot at home.

Oh it does for sure. And it has for a while. But why is that only in favor of the visiting team?

We will find out soon enough anyway. They have a long homestand and won't have any excuses for being as unaccustomed as New Jersey is to San Jose ice.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
Oh it does for sure. And it has for a while. But why is that only in favor of the visiting team?

We will find out soon enough anyway. They have a long homestand and won't have any excuses for being as unaccustomed as New Jersey is to San Jose ice.

Since the team got it's **** together Jan 9th the team has 3 regulation losses out of 13 home games. They were against the Sabres, Canucks and the Devils. All teams that have little skill and basically played not to lose.

Nothing went our way tonight. It happens. Not gonna read anything into what it means for our PO chances.

LeeIFBB

Crossing the Rubicon
Sep 30, 2011
Tanning Bed
Pathetically predictable. Thomas Kinkaid, in his present state, could have pitched the shutout.

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Sharks got to the net, but Nj would have 4 players between them and the net. Have to do a better job getting to the spots and muscling for position. Effort was there, fine details were lacking.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad