GDT: Game 67 | Columbus vs. Vegas | 3/6 7PM

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Jarmo hit the Daily Double in his giveaways.

Just checked the thread when Marchessault was traded and here was what the thread looked like:

"Huh? JAM has no chance of being an NHL player."

"Kinda curious where the hell JAM thought he fit on the big club or what he had done to even earn a sniff of big ice. This guy was one of my least favorite players in our system and I couldn't be happier that he's someone else's problem."

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
All of the attention is focused on Wild Bill, and rightly so, but don't forget that Marchessault used to be a Jacket as well, and look at what he's done in Florida and Vegas. Ugh.

something something Tampa Bay something something something

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Just checked the thread when Marchessault was traded and here was what the thread looked like:

"Huh? JAM has no chance of being an NHL player."

"Kinda curious where the hell JAM thought he fit on the big club or what he had done to even earn a sniff of big ice. This guy was one of my least favorite players in our system and I couldn't be happier that he's someone else's problem."

So there are people on a message board who can't properly evaluate a player. News at 11.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

screen-shot-2015-04-13-at-2-06-38-pm.png

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Hopefully they can skate well tonight. It was rough at times last game watching Donskoy and Burns skate past our guys during the breakout and take the puck away from them (Donskoy made Letestu look like he was standing still at one point).

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He was an undrafted free agent, so there are hundreds of front office people who also can't.

This was part of the problem. Some organizations can't get past their own draft picks. Picks are like sunk costs in accounting. They're already done.

Once a player turns pro, evaluations of him as an amateur should mean very little. When Marchessault was a rookie and a second year player, he led his AHL teams in scoring. That is very impressive. His trial as CBJ lasted two games. 2. Deux. Zwei. Dos. Probably on the 4th line. Players have adjustment periods to higher levels. 18 minutes (I'm guessing that's about what he got in his 2 games as a CBJ) on the 4th line isn't anywhere close enough time to properly evaluate.

Massive fail on Jarmo's part. Massive.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
This was part of the problem. Some organizations can't get past their own draft picks. Picks are like sunk costs in accounting. They're already done.

Once a player turns pro, evaluations of him as an amateur should mean very little. When Marchessault was a rookie and a second year player, he led his AHL teams in scoring. That is very impressive. His trial as CBJ lasted two games. 2. Deux. Zwei. Dos. Probably on the 4th line. Players have adjustment periods to higher levels. 18 minutes (I'm guessing that's about what he got in his 2 games as a CBJ) on the 4th line isn't anywhere close enough time to properly evaluate.

Massive fail on Jarmo's part. Massive.

He was traded in 2014 and wasn't an NHL regular for 3 more years. NOBODY wanted him. Zero. Nada. Zilch.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The Sharks HF board does a prediction game where every single active memember (who wants to) predicts the game winner, score, and goal scorers. A certain amount of points for correctly guessing the game winner, the score, and the goal scorers. And after every game, a leaderboard is posted.

I’ve been thinking about starting it up on our boards but not sure if people would be interested in like I am! Let me know guys. I could organize it for the rest of the season. I think a prediction game would be fun.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
by many accounts JAM wasn't putting in the work and wasn't trending towards being an NHL player, let alone a star when He was with the BlueJackets. If you have a reason to blame someone for not motivating him, maybe you have an argument, maybe.

After reading into the issue when He was in the CBJ organization, I give management a pass......I think most every team would have given up on him based on the reports back then.

JMO

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
The Sharks HF board does a prediction game where every single active memember (who wants to) predicts the game winner, score, and goal scorers. A certain amount of points for correctly guessing the game winner, the score, and the goal scorers. And after every game, a leaderboard is posted.

I’ve been thinking about starting it up on our boards but not sure if people would be interested in like I am! Let me know guys. I could organize it for the rest of the season. I think a prediction game would be fun.

there's a number of other boards which do the same...

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
I'll play.

6-2 Vegas

Karlsson(x3), Audy-Marchessault(x2), Perron

Wennberg(x2)

+5 bonus points if Clint Malarchuk is named head coach after the game

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
@MoeBartoli
@spintheblackcircle
@thebus88
@WerenskiRules
@Johansen2Foligno

And everyone else interested, I created the thread on our main board! Head on over and get your predictions in for tonight’s game :) If you’ve already predicted in tonight’s game in this thread, please copy and paste your predictions and put them into the official prediction thread (it’ll be easier for me to keep track! Thanks in advance)

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
@MoeBartoli
@spintheblackcircle
@thebus88
@WerenskiRules
@Johansen2Foligno

And everyone else interested, I created the thread on our main board! Head on over and get your predictions in for tonight’s game :) If you’ve already predicted in tonight’s game in this thread, please copy and paste your predictions and put them into the official prediction thread (it’ll be easier for me to keep track! Thanks in advance)

Forgot to tag the rest of my pals who have commented in this thread/I can think of off the top of my head:

@Samkow @DJAnimosity @Double-Shift Lasse @Maylo @Viqsi @EspenK @CBJWennberg10 @CPTN71 @WubbaLubbaDubDub @Cyclones Rock @PanarinDangles9 @Speedy Sanderson @We Want Ten @hardkorejackets
@Crede777 @EDM @KCbus @Crede777 @Old Guy @Forepar @Jackets Woodchuck @cbjgirl @Xoggz22 @Iron Balls McGinty @EdwardG @JacketsDavid :thumbu:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad