Skinner - Rask - Di Giuseppe
Wallmark - Ryan - Stempniak

Slavin - Faulk
Hanifin - Pesce
Fleury - Van Riemsdyk

Ward

---------------------------------------​

The Opponent

At the front end of a three-game road trip, the Carolina Hurricanes come to Minnesota on the heels of a 3-2 loss to the Winnipeg Jets at PNC Arena in Raleigh on Sunday.

The loss snapped a brief two-game winning streak and a three-game point streak for the Hurricanes, who sit just two points behind the Columbus Blue Jackets for the second wild card spot in the Eastern Conference.

Carolina won its only other meeting of the season with Minnesota, scoring a 5-4 shootout win Oct. 7 in Raleigh during the Canes' season opener. Minnesota led in the third period before Carolina scored back-to-back goals, taking the lead with 1:34 remaining in regulation. Mikko Koivu scored with one second left to force overtime and eventually the shootout.

The Hurricanes are led offensively by 23-year-old forward Teuvo Teravainen, who enters the game Tuesday having scored one goal in four consecutive games. He leads the club in points (52) and assists (33) and is third in goals (19) this season. With his next goal, he will become the third Hurricane to surpass 20 goals; Sebastian Aho has 23, while Jeff Skinner has 20.

Cam Ward and Scott Darling have split goaltending duties this season, with Ward going 19-10-4 with a 2.62 goals-against average and a .909 save percentage in 34 starts. Darling is 10-16-7 with a 3.08 goals against and a .889 save percentage in 32 starts.

---------------------------------------​

Get another one. It'd be encouraging to see a forward other than Staal, Granlund or Zucker have a stand-out game.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Get the wins in these games while we still can (although we do seem to play up and/or down to the competition sometimes, so who knows). After this they head to Vancouver/Edmonton...then back home for one against the Avs then over to Vegas and Arizona. Then to finish the month...home vs. LAK, back to back home games vs. NSH/BOS, at NSH, home vs. DAL, at DAL. Tough, tough ending.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Get the wins in these games while we still can (although we do seem to play up and/or down to the competition sometimes, so who knows). After this they head to Vancouver/Edmonton...then back home for one against the Avs then over to Vegas and Arizona. Then to finish the month...home vs. LAK, back to back home games vs. NSH/BOS, at NSH, home vs. DAL, at DAL. Tough, tough ending.
I would sacrifice a lot of goats to actually get a win in Dallas.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
It feels like we're about to go a frustrating .500 for the rest of the year, every time feeling like we'll make the playoffs after we win, miss after we lose. I don't have a good sense of where this team is going or what they are capable of still.

Anyway, win tonight. :teach2:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I feel like we need Uberdachen's view's right about now to settle things down and focus us.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
we can hope & pray the wild are saving their best for last and will take the playoffs by storm. i'll drink to that but im not going to vegas & betting the house on it. GO WILD! important 2 points on the line.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
we can hope & pray the wild are saving their best for last and will take the playoffs by storm. i'll drink to that but im not going to vegas & betting the house on it. GO WILD! important 2 points on the line.

I'll gladly go to Vegas and bet your house on them. :naughty:

Reactions: fgobuzz

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Slight change to our lineup after our morning skate:

#23 Brock McGinn#11 Jordan Staal (C)#14 Justin Williams
#20 Sebastian Aho#28 Elias Lindholm#86 Teuvo Teravainen
#53 Jeff Skinner (A)#49 Victor Rask#34 Phil Di Giuseppe
#71 Lucas Wallmark#7 Derek Ryan#21 Lee Stempniak
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#74 Jaccob Slavin#27 Justin Faulk (A)
#5 Noah Hanifin#22 Brett Pesce
#4 Haydn Fleury#57 Trevor van Riemsdyk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Starting Goaltender#30 Cam Ward
Backup Goaltender#33 Scott Darling
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injuries and Scratches
PlayerPositionStatus
#6 Klas DahlbeckDefenseHealthy
#42 Joakim NordstromLeft WingUpper Body (Day-to-Day)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Slight change to our lineup after our morning skate:

#23 Brock McGinn#11 Jordan Staal (C)#14 Justin Williams
#20 Sebastian Aho#28 Elias Lindholm#86 Teuvo Teravainen
#53 Jeff Skinner (A)#49 Victor Rask#34 Phil Di Giuseppe
#71 Lucas Wallmark#7 Derek Ryan#21 Lee Stempniak
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
#74 Jaccob Slavin#27 Justin Faulk (A)
#5 Noah Hanifin#22 Brett Pesce
#4 Haydn Fleury#57 Trevor van Riemsdyk
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Starting Goaltender#30 Cam Ward
Backup Goaltender#33 Scott Darling
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Injuries and Scratches
PlayerPositionStatus
#6 Klas DahlbeckDefenseHealthy
#42 Joakim NordstromLeft WingUpper Body (Day-to-Day)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Gracias. I also fixed our defensive pairings since apparently Seeler's out.

Reactions: garnetpalmetto

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Hope Seeler's not hurt from that fight, but good to see Olofsson draw back in. Can't leave him out of games too long.

Wild in KC

Feb 6, 2016
Dallas just potentially lost Bishop to injury. Without him, I don't like Dallas chance of making the playoff.

LA is so hit or miss to me. I love Kopitar and Doughty but wouldn't be shocked if the Kings missed the playoffs as well.

The two teams I have my eye on are Colorado and Calgary. Colorado, with MacKinnon back, appear primed for a late season inclusion into the playoffs. They are playing good hockey and very few are playing as well as Mac. I think they will make it in. As for Calgary, they are only like 3 points back from that last spot. They have some winnable games coming up and if they can get a healthy Mike Smith back, they can make a real move. Giordano has been playing really well.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Sorry for the late sticky. :D

Sad to see Seeler & Kunin out; they're the only thing that has kept me watching lately.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Sorry for the late sticky. :D

Sad to see Seeler & Kunin out; they're the only thing that has kept me watching lately.

This season for me has been largely about watching JEE progress.

I guess that's just part of the modern NHL where guys are often asked to play big roles ahead of schedule. We're seeing a loss in skill to some extent as rosters get stretched, talent-wise. But developing as a player throughout a season and into the playoffs is certainly one part of hockey I enjoy watching.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Keep up the momentum!

Go Wild!
tumblr_lyjn2xq9yl1r6wyj1.gif

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It's a good tv night for me. The game is on the main FS channel, not the low def FS alt channel or bad sound NBCSN.

The Wild better play well so I can appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad