GDT: Game 66: New York Rangers @ Tampa Bay Lightning, 7pm ET, MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Hockey World at a Stand Still as Matt Rempe Defies Suspension

Tampa, FL - In a heart-stopping moment that has sent shockwaves through the hockey world, New York's enigmatic menace, Matt Rempe, made a dramatic return to the ice, leaving chaos and controversy in his wake. The game against Tampa Bay took an unexpected turn when Rempe, descending from the rafters like a dark apparition, delivered a bone-crushing hit on Victor Hedman, propelling the towering defenseman tens of feet into the air, over the glass, where he collided with the netting that surrounds the rink.

Hedman became entangled in the netting like shark caught by commercial fishermen, with every frantic movement trying to escape he just became more and more entangled. Rempe seized the opportunity, capitalizing on the confusion to score a goal, further solidifying his reputation as a force to be reckoned with on the ice.

This brazen display comes on the heels of Rempe's refusal to serve the remainder of his suspension for a previous hit on Jonas Siegenthaler. Despite league sanctions and appeals from officials, Rempe has shown no intention of adhering to the disciplinary measures handed down to him, sparking widespread debate and outrage among fans and pundits alike.

NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and league officials find themselves in an unprecedented predicament, as Rempe's defiance threatens to undermine the very authority of the league. Sources close to the situation reveal that Bettman and his cohorts are hesitant to confront the New York menace, fearing the potential repercussions of challenging his authority on the ice.

"This is a pivotal moment for the NHL," remarked one anonymous insider. "Rempe's brazen disregard for the rules has put Bettman and the league in a precarious position. They're scared to even stop him, let alone enforce the rules."

Indeed, Rempe's actions serve as a stark reminder of the power dynamics at play within the sport. With each daring move, he asserts his dominance over the game, sending a clear message to Bettman and the league hierarchy: he's the one calling the shots.

As the hockey world grapples with the fallout from Rempe's reign of terror, one thing remains abundantly clear: until the league can find a way to rein in the New York menace, the balance of power on the ice will remain in his hands.

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
There’s just no way you can lose this game and be taken seriously. I don’t care if it’s the flukiest S ever. Today is a referendum.
Is this to be said prior to every game from here on out? Ridiculous take cause no one would take anyone seriously if they think unless they win all the remaining games, no one will take them seriously.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Dont know the percentages off the top of my cabeza, but this very well could be a first round matchup.

Play your game. Send a message. Win.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If Rangers lose tonight, I guarantee that there will be plenty pf posters here moaning about the refs. It's a universal thing.
I agree it is a universal thing, but we Rangers fans are a special breed.

I think we whine less about the refs than your average fanbase. We also whine significantly more about our own team when they are say... top 3 in the league, than your average fanbase.

:dunno:

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I agree it is a universal thing, but we Rangers fans are a special breed.

I think we whine less about the refs than your average fanbase. We also whine significantly more about our own team when they are say... top 3 in the league, than your average fanbase.

:dunno:

Would love to know the data for these conclusions. Until then, it sounds like bullshite.

Rongomania

Dec 31, 2017
Inwood
Win or lose, the boys are gelling and everyone looks better and better lately. Now we do have three kakkos after we acquired two more kakkos so hopefully all three can pot a few in the playoffs and that's all that matters at this point as we're truckin' right the f*ck along here.

Not only do I want us so, so badly to f’ing ruin Tampa tonight but I want these ho's 1st round. Let's get that shit outta the way like back when Hank finally beat sid and ovi.

Loves yous boys, les get this shit.

Last edited by a moderator:

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Win or lose, the boys are gelling and everyone looks better and better lately. Now we do have three kakkos after we acquired two more kakkos so hopefully all three can pot a few in the playoffs and that's all that matters at this point as we're truckin' right the f*ck along here.

Not only do I want us so, so badly to f’ing ruin Tampa tonight but I want these ho's 1st round. Let's get that shit outta the way like back when Hank finally beat sid and ovi.

Loves yous boys, les get this shit.
1000005247.png

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: Rongomania
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad