Post-Game Talk: Game 66 - Golf Hawks Golf - BRUINS 7 Chicago 4 FINAL

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
Debrusk the #1 Star and I don’t think it’s close.

The team defense was horrible but the PP made up for it.

Toews was barely involved-don’t think I’ve ever seen him so quiet.

Bruins are going to have tough, and I think chippy game tomorrow.

Nothing like a 3 point game a -1. Goes to show how useful that stat is. He was absolutely great today.

Save By Thomas

Jive Turkey
Nov 12, 2011
The armpit of California
Bolts beat Habs in a SO.

harshing-mellow.jpg

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
9 points up on the Leafs with two games in hand but Tampa won today as well...although it took a shootout vs the Habs.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
These awful starts are starting to get old, but what a great third period turn around. Bruins record when being one goal down is amazing, but not showing up in the rink until second period is probably not the most sustainable way to win hockey games.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Special teams were incredible today - 4 PPG and a SHG - and doing so without Bergeron & McAvoy.

The passing on the PP was incredible - B's zipping the puck from one side of the ice to the other, constantly one step ahead of the Hawks' box, and it led to some wide-open looks on the doorstep. Even on the two they didn't score in the third, Krug did an incredible job sprinting back and cutting off Schmaltz's angle and options to force him to shoot short-side. That was critical in a two-goal game in the third.

Kuraly with a Gordie Howe hat trick.

The B's definitely miss Bergeron & McAvoy in the D zone. In the six-game streak, they're giving up more than 3G/game and Chicago had a lot of great chances today (and four ES goals). Today looked a lot like the Detroit game on Tuesday - B's had an early lead, let up, but made enough plays down the stretch to win.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Tampa 9-0-1 in their last 10 and McDonough played his first game today.

Bruins would have had to go 10-0 in their last 10 and would have only gained a point.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Ugh. Having to watch Chicago's broadcast because of NHL.tv blackout rules. Their studio crew spent the entire first intermission - and is now spending an entire postgame segment - begging for Marchand to be suspended, claiming he hit Duclair high on purpose.

Watching the play in real time, Marchand is clearly surprised when he sees Duclair and reacts instinctively. There's no malice, but he'll likely get suspended because of reputation.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
That was a fun game to watch. When this team is back to full strength they are going to be serious contenders in the playoffs. I really hope Marchand doesn't get a suspension considering the run of games ahead and with Bergy out but I suspect he will. Anyway enjoy this win and roll on tomorrow.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Great minds think alike :laugh:

Chicago had a great run but it will be awhile before they contend again - Seabrook signed till 2024 :help:
They found a way to trick the league into letting them LTIR Hossa. Will not surprise me to see the league let them get around the cap again on some of these other contracts.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
These awful starts are starting to get old, but what a great third period turn around.

The experts keep saying you can't play from behind like that, it is playing losing hockey....seems to be wrong in this case, just like in 2011 when they said the Bruins couldn't win the Cup with their terrible powerplay. Sometimes it just doesn't matter.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Chicago fans not watching anymore? Their gdt was 6 pages long

I wasn't here in the first couple of post-lockout years when the B's were really struggling, but was on the old Internet email list (which still has a pulse), so I don't really have a point of comparison for the B's being way out of contention with a month to go in the season. However, it's not a surprise that a day game when the team is way out of contention gets little attention. It's also a fairly nice, sunny day here in the Midwest, so a good day to go out.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
They found a way to trick the league into letting them LTIR Hossa. Will not surprise me to see the league let them get around the cap again on some of these other contracts.
They may use a seldom used 'old age exemption' and allow the Black Hawks to declare the last 4-5 years of Seabrooke and Keith able to be placed on that

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Of course I miss an epic 3rd period comeback.

What happened to Marchand? Did he get tossed for a hit or something?

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

There was a collision and they gave him an interference penalty. The media is screaming for a suspension.

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
Great win.

But rewatching the Marchand hit, it looks to me like Marchy definitely could've got that arm out of the way. Heck of a clothes lining.

I love the guy, but after the Backes suspension, I fully expect the league to give March a handful of games.

Reactions: HumBucker

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

He was there to the end but I was reading the Main Board and apparently he used the blade of his stick and cut out Duclair face like Hannibal Lectner in Silence of the Lambs.

If that's not bad enough Marchand played a shift wearing Duclairs face

Thrive

Scoish Velociraptor Maloish
Jan 10, 2009
Massachusetts
What a win!

1. DeBrusk with perhaps his strongest all-around game of the year. He’s getting really good at driving turnovers in the corners and stealing pucks from defensemen. How refreshing is it to see a young skilled player with his mindset? Fearless and seems to be loving every single second of it - love the kid and what he brings night in and night out. That patience to not pass the puck to Krejci on his second helper was a veteran move. Outstanding game.

2. The 4th line - Kuraly especially - had a really good game as well, drawing penalties and contributing offensively through hard work and strong skating. Another wicked refreshing aspect of this year’s team.

3. Rask looks off in a major way. Poor tracking, bad glove work - got beat on 2 other posts. He needs to snap out of it.

4. Krejci the goal scorer is heating up at the right time. He looks like a totally different player since Spooner’s exit and Nash’s arrival. I think it’s beyond obvious that both of those aspects individually have played a part in his late season revival.

5. Speaking of Nash - what a tip in.

6. The top 4 still looking like a dumpster fire - Chara and Carlo moreso than others - but Grzelcyk and Holden were very solid today. I’m extremely impressed with Holden (I was completely wrong about him and it serves me wrong for lending full accolades to the main boards for believing their words over the years about him) and it looks to me like Sweeney may have paid the best price for a defenseman at/near the deadline.

7. We’ll wait and see what the league thinks about Marchand’s collision with Duclair, but color me shocked if they suspend him. I feel it in my bones.

8. Pasta with another sublime dangle in the third as well. He also appears to be waking up out of his funk at the right time.

9. Gionta is also proving me wrong - he’s fitting in seamlessly. I think we have our next M.D. candidate!

All in all, what an exciting game! I’m loving Butch’s direction and the style he’s brought to the table.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He was there to the end but I was reading the Main Board and apparently he used the blade of his stick and cut out Duclair face like Hannibal Lectner in Silence of the Lambs.

If that's not bad enough Marchand played a shift wearing Duclairs face

And in between periods hung him up and mounted lights behind him for dramatic effect

Reactions: Bun cook

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad