Post-Game Talk: Game 66 - Golf Hawks Golf - BRUINS 7 Chicago 4 FINAL

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Now that they are headed on the road, I wonder if not having the advantage of home ice matchups will have an effect while they're still missing Bergy, Charlie, and Backes. I hope not.
Probably-at least for teams really in to line matching. Coach Q is smart and I bet he already has a game plan in place for tomorrow-although written in bold and at the top is “Stay out of the box!” Bruins list this game 5 on 5 but made their power plays count. The Krejci unit burned them badly today.

Cassidy needs to find a way to tighten up the team defense. That loosey goosey Swiss cheese isn’t going to keep winning games.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Just finished watching the game on Game Center. Another awesome win.

Jake DeBrusk Faghettaboutit, this is going to be one hell of a player.
Gionta , wasn't expecting this, how many of us want to take what we said back on TDL. I know I do.
Hienen has hit that wall hard.
Holden, I told you , you would like him .
Grzelcyk , man I'm liking this guy a little more with every game .
Rask, it's been a while since he has had a really good game . Not to worried, he looked the same down the stretch last year but he was very good in the PO's
Miller has been struggling, he made leaps and bounds last year but he has underwhelmed this year I think.
Gotta love team. It seems it's the B's against the world and they are winning.

Reactions: BBruins

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
What's up with the Bon Jovi hate in the GDT thread?

Garden plays this song in the 3rd period of every game this home-stand, crowd keeps singing after they cut away to game action, team wins. Repeat.

I want this every home game through to the finals.

I can live with that but the wham songs have to go and the person who thought that was a good idea to play in Boston you are fired!

Reactions: 00BW and BBruins

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
I am hoping they are burning Andersen out. He has played a ton of games.

Just using your post to point out a few facts going forward. Betting is increasing a ton world wide in regards to NHL games. The scrutiny is becoming larger not NBA or NFL level wise or MLB honestly. that being said hockey is growing world wide for the NHL and going forward so is the microscope. bias is going to drop huge going forward. Owners want cash as do players, a questionable favoritism days are coming to an end you can damn well bet on that! Playoff games will be more monitored than my colonoscopy and that is a fact. leaf and and Bruin playoff games could generate what 80 plus million dollars in bets every game and any delusional fool who believes calls will not be monitored are beyond living in the realm of reality.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think this is the crux of why it was just incidental. The NHL however is the NHL and does whatever it pleases.

If the NHL is going to suspend him, they have to decide today-game tomorrow with travel. Team also has to have another forward.

Never mind-it appears there is someone sane in the nhl.

I predict a very chippy game tomorrow-hope the refs are good.

Good luck with that.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
NBC Sports Pro Hockey Talk article:

The Boston Bruins pushed their current winning streak to six games on Saturday afternoon with a 7-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks, keeping pace with the Tampa Bay Lightning in the race for the Presidents’ Trophy and continuing to show why they should be considered one of the leading favorites to win the Stanley Cup as we head into the stretch run.

Just look at some of the numbers they have put up during this streak.
  • They have scored 30 goals overall and had three games where they have scored at least six.
  • They are averaging 37.8 shots on goal per game.
  • They have 11 different players that have recorded at least four points during the streak, including seven that have had at least six.
  • They have five different players, including trade deadline acquisition Rick Nash, that have at least three goals.
  • Brad Marchand is showing that he is not just a creating of playing on a line with Bergeron and has put the offense on his back with six goals and five assists during the streak.

Bruins crushing teams without two of their best players

Reactions: Chief Nine

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
Now that they are headed on the road, I wonder if not having the advantage of home ice matchups will have an effect while they're still missing Bergy, Charlie, and Backes. I hope not.

Magical season and what happens going forward I am good with. Who in the hell thought the team would be this good with so many rookies? Factor in injuries at the beginning and now? I see what this team can become going forward and with a new age coach and a gm with a business degree from Harvard and previous scouting experience and a freaking guy who coached most of the teams youth in development and in Providence. oh did i forget the guy also played over a 1000 NHL games and took over a tire fire of cap hell and flipped it around fast?

Last edited:
Reactions: HockeyMomx2

ballofhate13

Jan 6, 2018
I wonder how many Bruins are capable of growing a decent beard? Bergy and Chara can do it. Gionta probably can. But most of the rest of the roster is still in puberty. :laugh:

Off track but I love the Jet's as I have lived here all my life and laine's beard is hideous and I hope he never loses it because sweet jesus that kid is lethal as FFF

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I don't think huge contracts are the problem. They lost Panarin, Hossa and Hjalmarsson; two legit impact forwards and a stalwart defensive Dman.

That cap is a mother isn't it. Two huge contracts play in to that big time, come on.

And they get away with a equipment allergy BS. Funny he wasn't allergic when he was young and producing. Not to mention his contract was pure cap circumvention in the 1st place.

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Just saw highlights on the deck in Barbados, nothing better than sipping on a coffee in the heat while watching hockey highlights. Had the volume turned up and our neighbour swimming by asked what sport that was. Dude is from Ireland, says they have hockey there but it`s not a big sport but fun to watch. Showed him his first ever look at NHL hockey. Good times, wedding tomorrow......no problem mon

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just saw highlights on the deck in Barbados, nothing better than sipping on a coffee in the heat while watching hockey highlights. Had the volume turned up and our neighbour swimming by asked what sport that was. Dude is from Ireland, says they have hockey there but it`s not a big sport but fun to watch. Showed him his first ever look at NHL hockey. Good times, wedding tomorrow......no problem mon
Good Luck tomorrow.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
2.jpg

Last edited:

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
That cap is a mother isn't it. Two huge contracts play in to that big time, come on.

And they get away with a equipment allergy BS. Funny he wasn't allergic when he was young and producing. Not to mention his contract was pure cap circumvention in the 1st place.

Pittsburgh has done fine with two huge contracts. IMO, it's not the big contracts for big time players that hurt, it's the expensive middle class players that usually choke up a team's cap situation. That, and the lack of cheap, young contributors.

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
My takeaways:

1. Holy shit we have a lot of FIREPOWER! Debrusk is looking really, really great on Krejci's wing. Nash is scoring nearly every game as well. This team is built for comebacks. No lead is safe against us!

2. Rask looked soft in net. Like swiss cheese, pudding soft the goals he let in. There were a couple of long rangers that went in, I was like, did he even see the puck? Hopefully he gets better because we are going to need tip top condition Rask to win games in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad