Comeau - Soderberg - Nieto
Compher - Toninato - Bourque

Barrie - Zadorov
Girard - Nemeth
Siemens - Lindholm

Varlamov

---------------------------------------​

The Opponent

The Avalanche is coming off a decisive win against the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night, still very much in the playoff race after taking two points in a must-win game.

Forward Nathan MacKinnon leads the team in nearly every statistical category, including 71 points (29-42=71) despite missing eight games. One of those goals and two assists came against Minnesota this season.

Goaltenders Semyon Varlamov and Jonathan Bernier have split the action almost evenly for Colorado; Bernier has started 29 games while Varlamov has started 34, including Wednesday against Calgary.

Devan Dubnyk
is expected to start in net against the Avalanche after Alex Stalock got the nod Thursday against the Arizona Coyotes. Dubnyk is 16-9-1 in his career against Colorado, with four of his wins coming from shutouts -- his most victories and shutouts against any NHL team.

The Wild and Avalanche have split the 2017-18 campaign so far, with each team winning in front of its home crowd. After Thursday's games, Colorado sits one point outside of the Western Conference's second and final wild card spot, while Minnesota remains third in the Central Division (two points ahead of Dallas).

---------------------------------------​

Chalk last night up to bad goaltending. Win this one.

Last edited:

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
win-gif.gif

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm happy to win w/o seeing Avs players hairy butts being spanked.

As The Sacred Cows sang in an episode of the classic TV show, Get Smart. "Kill, Kill, Kill. Thrill, Thrill, Thrill."

Last edited:

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Curious to see how Kunin looks tonight, assuming he's playing. He didn't exactly light up the AHL in his time there this year, though I understand they may have had him working on other parts of his game.

The Avs are without Johnson but still have a dangerous group of forwards. Scoring first and early could be more important than usual tonight, especially since we played last night.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Bah, I might not get tonight's game. Bucks are on FS and Big 10 women's hoops is on the alt channel. :banghead:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I hope I woke up at 4 AM for a good reason. :laugh:

Go team.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So Kunin in and Ennis in the pressbox? Olofsson in and Prosser in the pressbox?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No forecheck for the Wild so far. Don't really understand their defensive zone coverage, either, unless it's running around like headless chickens, in which case they're doing fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad