GDT: Game #65: Coyotes @ Blackhawks - 3:00pm (AZ) - Scripps, Coyotes Central

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Dallas has an exceptional mix of older guys, (Pavelski, Seguin, Benn) current guys (Robertson, Hintz, Heiskanen) and future guys (Harley, Stankoven, Johnston). They have a solid pipeline (Bourque, Kyrou), have all their 1sts, and have an incredible track record of drafting and developing even if they are not high round picks. Also, they are one of the teams, like the Coyotes, who have never received a 1OA, or 2OA so no free gifts like the Pens were showered with.

Vegas is just a pure butt kicker and manage assets better than any team in the league. They are not emotionally driven like the Pens, Sharks, & Capitals have been and will not hang on to players longer than they should.

Both are examples of elite organizations and are managing their teams in a way that makes them competitive now and in the future and thus, no cause to believe they will have to tear down and start all over in the future.
Vegas were basically given a damn good team to begin with. I believe this will be Vegas last shot at the SC. They are using the LTIR to their benefit. They don't have many picks the next three drafts to add to their aging roster.

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
Vegas were basically given a damn good team to begin with. I believe this will be Vegas last shot at the SC. They are using the LTIR to their benefit. They don't have many picks the next three drafts to add to their aging roster.
They were definitely given a good team to begin with but they paid for it. I remember being jealous out of the gate 'cuz in year one their roster was better than the Coyotes roster at the time.

Every team in the league uses LTIR to their benefit when they have injured players.

Most of their roster is 20 something or low 30s. Marchessault (33), Martinez (36), & Pietrangelo (34) would be their biggest age concerns. If they resign Hanifin, they will continue to have a high level defensive group along with solid, young, goaltending in Hill (27) and Thompson (27). Eichel at (27), Hertl (30), Stephenson (29), Karlsson (31) means they will be strong up the middle for a time. In short, they will have multiple Cup runs in 'em in the years to come.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
They were definitely given a good team to begin with but they paid for it. I remember being jealous out of the gate 'cuz in year one their roster was better than the Coyotes roster at the time.

Every team in the league uses LTIR to their benefit when they have injured players.

Most of their roster is 20 something or low 30s. Marchessault (33), Martinez (36), & Pietrangelo (34) would be their biggest age concerns. If they resign Hanifin, they will continue to have a high level defensive group along with solid, young, goaltending in Hill (27) and Thompson (27). Eichel at (27), Hertl (30), Stephenson (29), Karlsson (31) means they will be strong up the middle for a time. In short, they will have multiple Cup runs in 'em in the years to come.
Trying putting all the Players you mentioned on their Cap. They can't all stay

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

So, they are about what 20 mil. over the cap today, and I believe will have around 8mil. in cap space going into next year. If they want Hanifin he will take up most of that. Then what?

Reactions: DustyDangler

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
So, they are about what 20 mil. over the cap today, and I believe will have around 8mil. in cap space going into next year. If they want Hanifin he will take up most of that. Then what?
They also need to sign Marchessault, Hanifin, Martinez, and Stephenson from his list with that $8.8 million in space. Yeah they are set!!!

DustyDangler

Dec 20, 2023
They also need to sign Marchessault, Hanifin, Martinez, and Stephenson from his list with that $8.8 million in space. Yeah they are set!!!
The point is well taken...they probably do not resign Marchessault and Martinez. Keep in mind cap increases another $4m next year so there will be some add'l space from that. They will have to sacrifice parts no doubt but will continue to be a top team in the league.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
The point is well taken...they probably do not resign Marchessault and Martinez. Keep in mind cap increases another $4m next year so there will be some add'l space from that. They will have to sacrifice parts no doubt but will continue to be a top team in the league.
I think they take a tumble next year or the year after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad