GDT: Game # 64 - Rangers @ Devils - 7pm EST - MSG (Star Fox edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
We all know we are much better than what we saw tonight. We had some really bad goaltending and stsrted playing pond hockey.

They deserve this and sometimes it’s good for the team to be humbled every once in a while.

They’re going to play a big time game against Pitt I’m sure

gabevh3

Oct 13, 2005
It remains real f***ing frustrating the lack of traction and energy our kids show. But watching this maybe it’s the whole god damn team. I don’t know how they fix this shit; mostly because I don’t know what’s wrong. I don’t understand how the f***ing Devils can skate circles around us like that, fresh off the Hurricanes doing to us for 60 minutes the other night.

Simple.... defense coaching sucks and relies on the goalie

Reactions: mas0764

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
After this game more than any other they're deserved. The entire team fell apart. Absolutely embarrassing performance. St. Louis was a very good desperate team. This is utterly inexcusable. If I don't see another Rangers game this season it'll be too soon. I'm absolutely sick to my stomach. f*** all of these motherf***ers.
Yeah. But I'll wake up tomorrow (I hope) and think, "well that sucked" and go on with my life knowing there will be more games. No sense getting sick over it. It was an embarrassing performance and a complete let down. Shit happens.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Yeah. But I'll wake up tomorrow (I hope) and think, "well that sucked" and go on with my life knowing there will be more games. No sense getting sick over it. It was an embarrassing performance and a complete let down. Shit happens.

I had two days of great feelings about this deadline, then it's like a fairy tale they start the game and look amazing and then they have the worst half a game I've seen in a really long time.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
Plz... give us some positive takes to talk us ALL OF THE LEDGE

I'd would LOVE to hear them
Positives? Hmm. There will be another game. This is simply an L in the standings. No more, no less. A bad loss to a bad team. The flipside to a good win against a good team. They all happen every season. But f*** it you can all jump off a ledge for all I care.

Reactions: chosen

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Yeah that game was f***ing terrible but burn the tape and move on.

Some of the responses in here are comical as if we aren’t a team on pace for over 50 wins this season. Stinkers happen. They have 4 new players pigeon holed into a lineup and will figure it out.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Like I dont LOVE this team, but this is easily the most fun and watchable team we have had in 7 years
I think 19-20 was more fun. It's not the highest bar in the world to reach either, most of the past 7 seasons have been boring as shit. Most of this season hasn't been all that entertaining outside of Igor playing out of his mind.

Reactions: EdJovanovski

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
The team also looked great before Covid and were red hot with tons of comeback wins....they too also had brain dead games. Its in the DNA of this core and their was a sliver of hope Gallant fixed it. Then we sit and watch a young kid get benched when the Vets throw the game away and its bad deja vu.

I get that people will panic in this case because of the melt down that occurred and look to blame the coach but it’s just 100% not supported by fact. This coach has been exemplary throughout the entire season and has this team far out performing most people’s predictions. He’s also the same guy who promoted Laf up to the the top 6 and gave him steady top 6 minutes for several months now. Clearly Gallant likes the kid and wants him to do well otherwise he would not have given him a shot!

This is not a “develop the kids” team anymore. The team is a “win games and play who gives them the best chance to do so.” Gallant has been incredibly transparent that he rides the guys playing well. Just because the vast majority of posters here believe Laf should just get thrown on the ice each time his line does, does not make that actually the best idea.

My point is, take a bigger view of this team this season and you’ll see just how well Gallant and his staff have done.

Reactions: chosen

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
We all know we are much better than what we saw tonight. We had some really bad goaltending and stsrted playing pond hockey.

They deserve this and sometimes it’s good for the team to be humbled every once in a while.

They’re going to play a big time game against Pitt I’m sure
Yes. I don't enjoy using that gamblers term of "trap game", but if there ever were one......that was it. Coming off 2 HUGE road victories, playing Jersey had to be a letdown, while looking forward to Pittsburgh and finally being home. Just shows to go you, that if a team doesnt match opponents intensity, pay attention to detail and play like they can, this will happen.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Yeah that game was f***ing terrible but burn the tape and move on.

Some of the responses in here are comical as if we aren’t a team on pace for over 50 wins this season. Stinkers happen. They have 4 new players pigeon holed into a lineup and will figure it out.

How you win games is important, not now but when you get to playoffs, getting routinely hemmed in your own end, excessive odd man rushes not to mention breakaways is a sure recipe for disaster come playoff time because teams scout your team for that series and every weakness is multiplied, the team needs to stop with the 50/50 plays. A prime example of that is the pass Fox made across the blueline instead of getting it deep, those plays happen way too often. If you look at our games vs Carolina, thats pretty much how playoffs are gonna look if they dont fix what they are doing, this will not work. The team is constructed well enough that this should not be happening with regularity. Kreider and Zib are examples of guys who are buying in, Strome, Panarin and Fox are playing pond hockey.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
I get that people will panic in this case because of the melt down that occurred and look to blame the coach but it’s just 100% not supported by fact. This coach has been exemplary throughout the entire season and has this team far out performing most people’s predictions. He’s also the same guy who promoted Laf up to the the top 6 and gave him steady top 6 minutes for several months now. Clearly Gallant likes the kid and wants him to do well otherwise he would not have given him a shot!

This is not a “develop the kids” team anymore. The team is a “win games and play who gives them the best chance to do so.” Gallant has been incredibly transparent that he rides the guys playing well. Just because the vast majority of posters here believe Laf should just get thrown on the ice each time his line does, does not make that actually the best idea.

My point is, take a bigger view of this team this season and you’ll see just how well Gallant and his staff have done.

I think the frustration comes from him getting singled out when he wasn't the reason things spiraled. My only reasoning for it is maybe Gallant feels the guys really like Laf and when he gets benched the guys wear that more than if someone else was, maybe it's to point out the differences in how 1st overall picks are playing, i dont know but he was a long way down the list of players who were bad.

Reactions: WojtekWolski86

Rangers in 7

Dec 17, 2015
Long Island

I hate to break it to you but laf is averaging only 4 more seconds a game then he was last year….4 seconds that’s it

Last year 13:53
This year 13:57

This whole gallant is playing laf more is actually a fallacy

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005

The problem is that it was a carbon copy of what happened two nights earlier in Carolina. Except the goaltender performance.

mas0764

Jul 16, 2005
I think 19-20 was more fun. It's not the highest bar in the world to reach either, most of the past 7 seasons have been boring as shit. Most of this season hasn't been all that entertaining outside of Igor playing out of his mind.

Yeah I actually think this season has been terribly UN-fun.

The games are atrocious to watch. They get outplayed in nearly every single game except goaltending and about 4 minutes of PP time in which they score 2 goals.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Yeah I actually think this season has been terribly UN-fun.

The games are atrocious to watch. They get outplayed in nearly every single game except goaltending and about 4 minutes of PP time in which they score 2 goals.
I wish that more casual fans would see this. I know all of us on boards and such are pretty dedicated- but everything I see, everyone I talk to who is a casual fan thinks that everything is peachy. When I try to explain that this isn't a good way to win games and it will be very disappointing, they don't want to hear it. It is very concerning to me seeing them get their faces smashed in every game only being able to really do anything consistently on the special teams units. We need to see the team generate sustained pressure and chances at even strength if we want even a small chance of going far.... and that is a very tall task seeing Carolina took everyone but Gorgeous George to the cleaners

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Don't know what prompted that implosion but the first 25 mins of the game for the Rangers were excellent and if that's a sign of things to come, then I feel really good about this team. That being said, I'm starting to become concerned about Panarin. Hit at the end of the game aside as well as overall point totals, he hasn't looked right in a while. Passes that he'd somehow zip through aren't getting through as often, he seems to be shying away to the perimeter even more, and he's overall just being neutralized much easier at 5 v. 5 than he ever has in a Rangers jersey. He's still lethal on the PP but at even strength, he hasn't looked very good.

Reactions: Rangers in 7

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
People are shocked and angry that the Rangers aren't ready to win the Cup, yet before the season they all knew that was the case. This was the season to become a playoff team. Next season, becoming a true Cup contender becomes a reasonable possibility.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
I'm extremely confident there's not a coach in the history of hockey these boards wouldn't want fired after 2 seasons. I'm being generous.

Some fans are capable of believing the coaching staff sucks and the players suck and then are dumbfounded how they can lose any games.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
It remains real f***ing frustrating the lack of traction and energy our kids show. But watching this maybe it’s the whole god damn team. I don’t know how they fix this shit; mostly because I don’t know what’s wrong. I don’t understand how the f***ing Devils can skate circles around us like that, fresh off the Hurricanes doing to us for 60 minutes the other night.

Because one game has zero to do with another game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad