GDT: Game # 63 - New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins - 1pm EST - ABC, ESPN+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circus86

Sep 12, 2020
I'm willing to give Gallant some slack regarding the last few games. Playing with 5 D, Boston and giving Kane some time to adjust. But excuse time is over next game. Miller is back. Kane and Bread don't work, fix the lines. Look at that roster. We have great players, if you don't make that work it's on the coach 100%.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Gotta see what it looks like with Miller and Lindgren back even if neither of them are all that good with their first pass they are obviously vastly superior to what we are throwing out there right now. Not just that but moving in the offensive zone as well, jumping down low, switching with forwards out high to create chaos and confusion for opposing defenses.
100%

I hate that this problem still exists, and always will. The Rangers hate OFD beyond the one they allow and will keep throwing forwards at this.

That being said, even Miller's fumbles and Lindgren's chucks off the windows are a massive improvement on Mikkola getting 20 minutes and Harpur getting any.

We can't put too much stock in the results with who's playing.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Drury oughta give it a whirl and get an NHL defenseman besides Fox.
It's an indictment on both Drury and Gallant that they both were more comfortable with Hajek and Harpur rather than going through the growing pains of Zac Jones until they could find a competent defenseman around the deadline. So sick of this team retreating into their comfort zone.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Thank God after today, we don’t have to hear tired, playing short (Rangers own doing), Miller suspension, no practice etc….

You got 4 days to get your shit together and figure it out. This is the last real break of the season.
is it confirmed we will be able to ice a full roster thursday? I mean we are getting Lesydhchin back but whatever

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
Either Kane is dogging it or his hip is f***ed up. That 4th goal was absolutely one of the worst efforts I've ever seen.

the shorthanded goal was worse. one of the worst giveaways ive seen all season and then a half-assed backcheck.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Islanders looking better with the Bo Horvat trade too and cant write em off. We need a different lineup next game for sure.

I wanna see them get a few games after getting a few good practices in. Its to early to run to the blender.

Reactions: Ori

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Hoping I’m wrong and still time to find out but Kane looks like a dude that turned it on for two weeks and fought through his injury to get traded and going to go back to being ass now that he’s here lol
I know people in kane's circle. He is an extremely cocky and proud guy. You need to be sometimes to be that good. There's a large part of me that thinks the spurt was very much a reaction to feeling slighted that nyr decided to pay what they did for tank instead of him. They clearly made that decision, and all the talk of his decline absolutely triggered him. So he turns it on to show everybody he still got it and then she should still be in demand. NYR makes the moves to open up the space to trade for him and then he literally sits and waits days to figure out if he actually wants to go through with the trade or stay in Chicago. He accepts the trade and now we will all find out if he actually wanted it or if he has a little regret. Kane did not necessarily want to come to NYR, NYR was just his primary choice of destination if he actually decided he wanted to leave Chicago. There's a giant distinction there that people are losing

Kocur26

Limousine Ridin’
Jul 30, 2021
The Bruins were at 45% today and Jim Montgomery went into the locker room and rip them apart on national TV..

Gerard gallant in turn couldn’t wait for his 4 day break

Reactions: The Gloaming

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It's an indictment on both Drury and Gallant that they both were more comfortable with Hajek and Harpur rather than going through the growing pains of Zac Jones until they could find a competent defenseman around the deadline. So sick of this team retreating into their comfort zone.
That's the way it's always been.

I'm beginning to put the pieces together and figure out why they always suck at offense.

It's always been "big man stay in position" and they get cold feet on anything else.

Occasionally, a talent like Leetch or Fox transcends the cult but lest we forget that we went from Leetch to Yandle without a 45 point defenseman.

Kords

Jun 19, 2019
Strome is a 30 point bum who was leeching off one of the best players in the game

Jesper Fast?

Joking but since we're dregging up ghosts of Rangers past I figured i'd get ahead of the curve.

zlev

Dec 21, 2015
I know people in kane's circle. He is an extremely cocky and proud guy. You need to be sometimes to be that good. There's a large part of me that thinks the spurt was very much a reaction to feeling slighted that nyr decided to pay what they did for tank instead of him. They clearly made that decision, and all the talk of his decline absolutely triggered him. So he turns it on to show everybody he still got it and then she should still be in demand. NYR makes the moves to open up the space to trade for him and then he literally sits and waits days to figure out if he actually wants to go through with the trade or stay in Chicago. He accepts the trade and now we will all find out if he actually wanted it or if he has a little regret. Kane did not necessarily want to come to NYR, NYR was just his primary choice of destination if he actually decided he wanted to leave Chicago. There's a giant distinction there that people are losing

maybe he should've been playing better all season then? he can't expect Drury and the rest of the front office to be as dumb as Dolan and most of the fans.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
On a bright note,we get a break at the best time.will have our full lineup next game and should be better.the guys need a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad