GDT: Game 62: Red Wings at avs 9:30 pm et 3/6/24 (TNT, MAX)

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Ghost-is-berrrrre, he's our hero, gonna take your scoring chances down to zero!!

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
National announcers are just the shits.

Yup. It's the curse of being a bad team for several years. National broadcast teams don't pay any attention to them so when the team gets halfway decent they don't know anything about them relative to a recent Stanley Cup winner.

Reactions: SoupGuru

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
aves skating the wings out of the rink right now. wings not skating with them. i dont see this game ended well for wings.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Superstars sell tickets and jerseys and generate excitement. I don't blame national media for talking about Makar and McKinnon incessantly. I mean, this game we've got.... Seider?

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
Superstars sell tickets and jerseys and generate excitement. I don't blame national media for talking about Makar and McKinnon incessantly. I mean, this game we've got.... Seider?
their superstars can skate also. our stars cannot skate with them. only larkin has the speed to keep up.

Baszie

Apr 29, 2021
Copp and Fischer switched from the lines they reported last couple days? Weird

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
yeah, but lgd could at least be great at defending. Sprong will definitely be cherry picking too. At least the two cherry pickers know how to shoot lmao.

I am just at a point where I don't see the need for kostin or holl on this team. It is perplexing only because they are extra players healthy scratched. Which is fine and all, but when they don't get rotated in (kind of like Lalonde semi said he would do, at least with holl/maatta/petry) they are not up to game speed when they come in to play, so of course they are not going to be the best or mid best player on the ice. So i get why people don't like those two that much, but we have callups in case of injuries for D and F at this point. It's the trade deadline, just get them out of here for their own sake I guess.

Most teams don't rotate extras, aside from the goalie, they get B2B games. The issue is that this team has $5.4M sitting in the press box instead of $2M ~ 3M. Kostin prob gets bought out, Holl trade would be a cap dump that needs a sweetener.

I dunno why Stevie didn't just grab Reaves or Maroon in UFA instead of trading for Kostin. Just a waste of money. At least it didn't cost anything besides money. Kostin, Copp, and Holl really make me question the pro scouts on the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad